cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to know what we learned at IBC? Check out our learnings on media, remote working and more right here.

Plans and Subscriptions

Ask the Dropbox Community for help if you have questions about your Dropbox plan or subscription. Find solutions and share advice with members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Cancel and Refunded

How can I cancel and get a refund?

joyanisa74
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Please help!  I was charged just shy of $200 on a DropBox acct that I did not know was there.  Please help me cancel and get the refund

497 Replies 497

SVG2
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Thank you Mark - I appreciate your response

I have emailed support and I think they can only help me from Monday hopefully. 

When you say legally required what does that mean and how do I go about it? I read that Dropbox does not refund but honestly I can't actually get this payment pulled off right now. 

Mark
Super User II
Go to solution

@SVG2 wrote:

When you say legally required what does that mean and how do I go about it? I read that Dropbox does not refund but honestly I can't actually get this payment pulled off right now. 

It means that refunds are not given unless they have to by law - thats in the terms you agree upon sign up. Usually this means you live within a country/union that says you have to have a cooling off period. For example the EU say you can have a refund for digital services within 14 days. The rest are often not given

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

SVG2
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Thank you Mark. 

This is disheartening as it's totally over for me- I live in South Africa and we are affected by load shedding and business has not been good therefore last year I upgraded dropbox for a moment tp upload clients work and that is what I mentioned when upgrading and was not aware that this year it would pull off again and now I need all the funds I can gather for my livelihood so this is just terrible news for me as I won't get that. I don't live in EU. 

I don't know what I am going to do

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

@haimrevivo wrote:

WANT TO HAVE A REFUND FOR JUNE  + CANCEL MY SUBSCRIPTION.

Visit the Support page while you're NOT signed in to a Dropbox account, including these forums, and you'll see an option for Billing issues. It's best to use an Incognito or Private browsing session to make sure you're not signed in.

Dropbox cannot charge you if they don't have your billing information. If you've been charged and didn't give them your billing information, then someone else has and you should be contacting your bank.

haimrevivo
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

Hello, 

Thanks for the reply.

Support page do not help.

This is what I'm trying to say. 

Screenshot 2023-06-25 at 09.10.31.pngScreenshot 2023-06-25 at 09.10.23.png

Mark
Super User II
Go to solution

@haimrevivo wrote:

Hello, 

Thanks for the reply.

Support page do not help.

This is what I'm trying to say. 

Screenshot 2023-06-25 at 09.10.31.pngScreenshot 2023-06-25 at 09.10.23.png

Then you have a second account with a subscription and so need to contact support to work out what it is set up under as Rich said. 

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Megan
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hi @SVG2, wishing you a great Monday ahead! 

Did you manage to contact our Support team? If so, feel free to share the ticket number reference with me, in order to locate it on our system.

Keep me posted! 

Megan
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

ChrisCummings
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

This is the second time I've attempted to opt out of Dropbox as a whole! I haven't used their services for almost 2 full years and I've gotten charged 2 full years' worth of services and this morning of $119.88! It also doesn't help that there is no available phone number or reps to help with my issue! So I'm requesting a chargeback from my bank, deleting my account and writing awful reviews to warn people what they will expect with Dropbox's horrible lack of customer service options and difficulty to deactivate my account! Terrible service! Cannot afford to lose this much amount of money from my tangible debit account!

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

@ChrisCummings wrote:

This is the second time I've attempted to opt out of Dropbox as a whole! I haven't used their services for almost 2 full years and I've gotten charged 2 full years' worth of services and this morning of $119.88!

Have you cancelled your account? You can do this yourself from your Plan page. If your Plan page shows that you're on the Basic plan (i.e. free), then you're being charged for a different account. Use the credit card charge lookup tool to identify the account, then sign in to that account and cancel it.

If that doesn't work for you you'll need to contact Dropbox Support directly. Visit the Support page while you're NOT signed in to a Dropbox account, including these forums, and you'll see an option for Billing issues. It's best to use an Incognito or Private browsing session to make sure you're not signed in.

Mikiradic123
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

Hi Jay,

Yes, I was charged by Dropbox on 15/6/2023

Need more support?