cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to know what we learned at IBC? Check out our learnings on media, remote working and more right here.

Plans and Subscriptions

Ask the Dropbox Community for help if you have questions about your Dropbox plan or subscription. Find solutions and share advice with members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Cancellation and Refund

How can I cancel and get a refund?

joyanisa74
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Please help!  I was charged just shy of $200 on a DropBox acct that I did not know was there.  Please help me cancel and get the refund

497 Replies 497

Rabbits1077
New member | Level 2
Go to solution
I want my refund

niallcjackson
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

Hi,

I can see there are multiple cases of this on the discussion board already but I am confused as when I try to Submit my ticket of complaint it just gives me an 'error' message.

I too was charged £199 for a full year's subscription even though I cancelled successfully on the 30th day. I didn't receive any prior notice about renewal and had notification for the cancellation myself in my phone so don't agree this should have gone through on my paypal.

A little bit frustrated as I understand the rules but feel I complied.  

Kind regards,

Niall 

Mark
Super User II
Go to solution

You need to log a ticket with support to ask for assistance. As it is an account issue nobody is able to assist on the forums.

www.dropbox.com/support

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

niallcjackson
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution
Thanks Mark

Am I right in thinking this service only exists Monday to Friday and not today, Sunday?

Regards,

Niall

Mark
Super User II
Go to solution

Support tickets can be logged 247 but replies are Monday to Friday only, yes. 

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

niallcjackson
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution
Thanks Mark,

Have logged issue alright.

Fingers crossed I hear back tomorrow.

N

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

@niallcjackson wrote:

I cancelled successfully on the 30th day.

If you cancelled on the last day, then the transaction was likely already sent for processing. With many subscriptions and trials (not just Dropbox), you typically need to cancel by at least 24 hours prior to the end of the trial or subscription to avoid renewal.

niallcjackson
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

It's a pity they don't send you any notice or outline this in t&cs. It probably is my mistake but not one I can afford.

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

@niallcjackson wrote:

It's a pity they don't send you any notice or outline this in t&cs. It probably is my mistake but not one I can afford.

Did you submit a ticket and did you receive a ticket number in email? If so, reply here with the ticket number and a Dropboxer might be able to check on its status.

niallcjackson
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

Thanks to everyone who replied to this thread.

They agreed to a refund and were very professional about it.

Relieved,

Niall 

PS: While I'm here has anybody had any issues with photos going missing from their basic account? That was whole reason I got the free trial, I thought they may have been behind a paywall, I store my photos alphabetically and my folders from A to C have slowly emptied without me doing so. Strange one. 

Need more support?