cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to know what we learned at IBC? Check out our learnings on media, remote working and more right here.

Plans and Subscriptions

Ask the Dropbox Community for help if you have questions about your Dropbox plan or subscription. Find solutions and share advice with members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dropbox Licensing for Shared Use

Dropbox Licensing for Shared Use

Maisonce
New member | Level 2

Hello!

I have a shared mailbox email address that I would like to use for Dropbox to share files with externals. This will be used between myself and another colleague. Is going with Dropbox Professional the best option? We'll be signed into the account on both our devices e.g. shared@contoso.com

Simply used for sharing large files so there is no need for separate accounts. Assuming that the team grows is using Dropbox Professional still fine for logging into multiple devices?

3 Replies 3

Rich
Super User II

@Maisonce wrote:

Simply used for sharing large files so there is no need for separate accounts. Assuming that the team grows is using Dropbox Professional still fine for logging into multiple devices?

Professional is an individual account, meant for one person. You're able to link as many devices as you want, but it's against the terms to share the account with another person and could result in the account being deleted.

Maisonce
New member | Level 2

That makes sense - is there any viable solution for the scope I provided or will each member essentially need a license? E.g. being able to share files with externals from a "front facing" account.

Rich
Super User II

@Maisonce wrote:

That makes sense - is there any viable solution for the scope I provided or will each member essentially need a license?

If a Business account is too much, you could try the Family plan.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Rich Super User II
    Maisonce New member | Level 2
What do Dropbox user levels mean?