cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Musicians, convert your MuseScore files to PDF to play music on the go! Learn more here.

Plans and Subscriptions

Ask the Dropbox Community for help if you have questions about your Dropbox plan or subscription. Find solutions and share advice with members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dropbox Family Questions. Can I add more space, and increase data restore?

Dropbox Family Questions. Can I add more space, and increase data restore?

Brooknei
Helpful | Level 6

Hi 

I'm thinking about moving from a Plus account to the Family package but first I have a couple of questions .... Thanks in advance...

• Any updates/movement regarding the future of Storage Space sizes as it was noted on your FAQs page quite some time ago... see below?

Dropbox Family plan FAQs - Dropbox Help

Can I buy more storage space?
We’re working on a Family plan with more shared space, but an upgrade isn’t available yet.
 Individual Family members can free up space by deleting unused files and folders, or they can opt out of Dropbox Family and choose an individual plan that meets their needs.

• Can a family member or the Administrator increase their version history from 30 days to 180 days by paying for an extra add-on?

3 Replies 3

Mark
Super User II

Hi @Brooknei 

No, its not possible to add more data or increase recovery. 

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Brooknei
Helpful | Level 6

Hi Mark ... Thanks for the reply... 

I appreciate (assuming) you're not employed by Dropbox ... Have you seen/heard of any timeline for updating the storage space that's mentioned in the Dropbox FAQ's ? 

Or ... Perhaps a Dropbox employee can give an answer?

If it's still a big no to any update/upgrade to the family plan, I probably will give it a miss and stick with the Plus account for the time being and put the family on Office 365 OneDrive.

Mark
Super User II

Hi @Brooknei 

No not employee and unfortunately Dropbox never release roadmaps 😞 

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Mark Super User II
    Brooknei Helpful | Level 6
What do Dropbox user levels mean?