cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Musicians, convert your MuseScore files to PDF to play music on the go! Learn more here.

Plans and Subscriptions

Ask the Dropbox Community for help if you have questions about your Dropbox plan or subscription. Find solutions and share advice with members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why was my account downgraded, and my extra quota not granted to me?

Why was my account downgraded, and my extra quota not granted to me?

pidrosama
Explorer | Level 3

Hello everyone,

I’d like to share a frustrating experience I recently had with Dropbox, hoping to gather your opinions and advice.

A few months ago, I received an offer from Dropbox stating that my account would benefit from a storage quota of 33 TB, plus an additional 18 TB until October 31, 2028. The terms seemed clear and unconditional: my storage space was guaranteed for several years.

However, when I tried to renew my subscription, several payment attempts with my card failed, even though the amounts were deducted by my bank. After switching to a different card, Dropbox downgraded my account, removing the promised 33 TB of storage, and now they’re asking me to purchase additional space. This is completely contrary to the initial agreement.

I contacted my bank, which confirmed that the issue was not on my end and that the payments were processed correctly. Yet, despite several emails to Dropbox, I have not received a satisfactory response. Their team merely stated that due to the payment failures, my account was downgraded and that I should address the issue with my bank. This does not resolve the core problem: they are not honoring the initial agreement.

Additionally, it seems that Dropbox does not adequately consider its customers in Africa. Access to telephone support is limited, and our country code is blocked, making issue resolution even more challenging. There also appears to be a problem with cards from Africa, further complicating transactions.

This lack of responsiveness and attention from Dropbox is unacceptable. As a company that claims to be international, it is crucial that they honor their commitments to all customers, regardless of their location.

I’m reaching out to you, community members, to see if you have faced similar issues. What steps have you taken? Do you think it’s possible for Dropbox to uphold its commitments, or should we consider other actions, possibly legal, to address this situation?

I look forward to hearing your opinions and learning how you have handled such conflicts with online services.

Thank you in advance for your feedback.

Best regards,

1 Reply 1

Jay
Dropbox Staff

Hi @pidrosama, thanks for bringing this to our attention.

I can understand your frustration over this matter. 

I can see that you're already in contact with a member of the support team via email, who should be able to answer any account-specific details on their end.

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Jay Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?