cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to know what we learned at IBC? Check out our learnings on media, remote working and more right here.

Plans and Subscriptions

Ask the Dropbox Community for help if you have questions about your Dropbox plan or subscription. Find solutions and share advice with members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Downgraded from Basic Extra citing chargeback that didn't happen, no way to resubscribe

Downgraded from Basic Extra due to a chargeback, but I can't find a way to resubscribe

Eboth
New member | Level 2

I had a Basic Extra subscription paid for by SEPA direct debit. Dropbox now downgraded me to Basic because of an alleged chargeback. However, no chargeback is visible in my bank statement (but also no charge for the last month that was supposedly subject to the chargeback).

I got an email offering me to resubscribe to Basic Extra, but the option is not offered when I click on the link, only the regular subscriptions starting at €10 (instead of €2 for Basic Extra). I've been running around in circles for an hour trying to talk to someone, without success.

Adding insult to injury, I had around 10 GB space in my Basic account before upgrading to Basic Extra. Now I'm back to 2 GB, and since I use around 9 GB, I expect my account to be suspended any time unless I upgrade to Pro, which given this dearth of customer support I'm not keen to do.

It almost looks as if Dropbox was out to hook me with a few months of Basic Extra only to then throw me out on flimsy charges to force me to upgrade to a subscription that is five times as expensive. I hope it's not so and they just had an internal billing problem, but how to get them to correct that?

5 Replies 5

Jay
Dropbox Staff

Hi @Eboth, thanks for bringing this to our attention.

Have you tried accessing this page directly to upgrade to the Basic Extra plan?

Keep me updated with any progress!

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Eboth
New member | Level 2

Thanks for the suggestion! The link forwards me to https://www.dropbox.com/plans with a banner on top saying more or less "This subscription is not available to you."

Jay
Dropbox Staff

Thanks for the info, in order to look into this matter in more detail, would it be possible to reach out to the email associated with your forum profile?

Jay
dropbox.com/support

Eboth
New member | Level 2

Sure, I'd be happy to be contacted about this. Thanks!

Jay
Dropbox Staff

Thanks, I've sent you an email to continue this from there on.

Jay
dropbox.com/support

Need more support?