cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to know what we learned at IBC? Check out our learnings on media, remote working and more right here.

Plans and Subscriptions

Ask the Dropbox Community for help if you have questions about your Dropbox plan or subscription. Find solutions and share advice with members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Double Charges on Dropbox

Double Charges on Dropbox

darobone
New member | Level 2

Hi, I have been double charged for your service and my account downgraded.  How do I speak to someone as I don't live my life on message boards ?

38 Replies 38

WTH01
Explorer | Level 3

Hi. I apparently had a fraud issue on my ATM card and my bank closed my account for me and reissued me another. I then received a message from Dropbox that I owed them the monthly fee...but I got it twice! That is when I discovered that I had been paying for two separate subscriptions for quite some time!  I have two Gmail accounts (both are personal accounts that I do use).

Are we not able to use two email addresses under one Dropbox account without being billed for two separate accounts?

If so, how can I cancel the additional unneeded account and transfer everything from that account to my original account without losing anything? And can I get refunded for the charges?

If we cannot have more than one email address on an account without paying another monthly fee, is there another better storage app to refer to that does allow it?

Kumar99
Explorer | Level 3

Okay thank you for your prompt response, Megan. I have replied already 🙂

Megan
Dropbox Staff

Hi @WTH01, I'd be happy to answer that for you! 

The way for you to be able to use two emails under one account, is if one of the emails is a secondary one. You can see more about that here

In regards to moving content, you can merge files and folders between accounts like so. Are you able to access both Dropbox accounts? 

Let me know more, and we'll take it from there. 

Megan
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Paulcarrie12
Explorer | Level 3

I have Billed Twice and refunded once all on the same day.

Can someone at Dropbox please contact me or can anyone advise legal help to stop this?

Megan
Dropbox Staff

Hi @Paulcarrie12, I hope you're doing well!

I just sent you an email, in order for us to have a closer look into this. Feel free to respond as soon as possible, and we'll take it from there.

Cheers! 

Megan
dropbox.com/support

LuciaTejada
New member | Level 2

Hi. I have one account. I am being charge twice for the same account from Dropbox, $119.88 on 25 august 2022 and $119.88 on 26 august 2022. I downgraded my account and on 26 august get a $119.88 refound but I was charged $239.76. I need help and can’t get any help with chatbot.

Megan
Dropbox Staff

Hey @LuciaTejada, let's jump right into this!

It sounds like you might have two Dropbox accounts, could this be the case? 

Would it be okay for me to reach out via email, in order for us to have a closer look into this? 

Let me know! 

Megan
dropbox.com/support

Waynemonvac
New member | Level 2
How do I get rid of this second charge on my account. 2 charges on the same day- if it’s a legitimate charge then please explain. Thanks

Rich
Super User II

@Waynemonvac wrote:
How do I get rid of this second charge on my account. 2 charges on the same day- if it’s a legitimate charge then please explain.

You'll need to contact Dropbox Support directly. Visit the Support page while you're NOT signed in to a Dropbox account, including these forums, and you'll see an option for Billing issues. It's best to use an Incognito or Private browsing session to make sure you're not signed in.

In the meantime, you can use the credit card charge lookup tool to identify the other account you're being charged for.

SiWeSy
Explorer | Level 4

I recently noticed I've been double billed for years now. When I search many others have had the same issue. Has anyone ever had it successfully resolved? Given the number of reports over the years this just seems like outright theft by dropbox. It's obviously a known issue.

I have a ticket open now #B-1DN21424X05132452

All of these charges are on the same billing agreement

dropbox double 1 year.jpg

dropbox double.jpg

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Jay Dropbox Staff
    leesangwon Explorer | Level 3
    Hannah Dropbox Staff
    Peter Sperski Explorer | Level 3
What do Dropbox user levels mean?