cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to know what we learned at IBC? Check out our learnings on media, remote working and more right here.

Plans and Subscriptions

Ask the Dropbox Community for help if you have questions about your Dropbox plan or subscription. Find solutions and share advice with members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Communications look like Spam

Communications look like Spam

Rimpulo
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

Hi.

What's going on with your e-mailers or whoever there is spamming my mail every week. Headers: "Alert alert", "Open ASAP", "Review ASAP", "Attention!", "This is urgent".

Please stop. You sound like some clickbait tabloid magazine trash. I don't mind if my dropbox is full, it's okay, and I will not upgrade my account. Get some journal and public relations education for your workers.

13 Replies 13

hlpis
New member | Level 2
Go to solution
Yes I received the same email today, prompting me to complete my Dropbox setup even though I have has my account for over ten years. I gather from the thread that the email is legit but that I should ignore. thanks!

Rimpulo
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution
As a matter of fact I do have noticed that the emails have now gotten cleaner and more convincing. Thank you!

asdfgh2
New member | Level 2

They are still so sketchy that I googled it and ended up in this thread. This is not the worst subject line I've read from dropbox but it's not good, either. 

The body of the message does not reflect the subject (is my account at risk of deactivation? It has been maybe a month since I last accessed my account but that's just the sporadic way I use it) in any way. The email is just a general ad for dropbox with several links to the service.  "Whether you're at your computer or on the go, Dropbox has you covered." Well sure, that's ... what I signed up for? 

Also "please read" is weird to put in a medium that is, in essence, always read by the recipient. It sounds awkward and spammy.

All in all, there are so many different kinds of red flags in these emails that I am stunned to find they're actually real.

asdfgh2_0-1717155625588.png

maart
Explorer | Level 4

I jsut received an email from Dropbox <no-reply@em-s.dropbox.com>.  The title was "Enclosed: Your download is waiting".

No download was waiting.  Instead it asked me to download the Dropbox desktop app.

This tactic is spamming!  I would have contacted dropbox directly but they make it very difficult.

Please dropbox, do not use spammer tactics to promote your brand.    

If you want to promote your app, use that subject.  Do not tell me a download,is waiting, or that thousands of women are waiting to chat with me, or that you want to use my bank account to lauder the procedes of a UNRWA contract 

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

maart Explorer | Level 4
    asdfgh2 New member | Level 2
    Rimpulo Helpful | Level 6
    hlpis New member | Level 2
    Forum_Account23 New member | Level 2
What do Dropbox user levels mean?