cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Musicians, convert your MuseScore files to PDF to play music on the go! Learn more here.

Plans and Subscriptions

Ask the Dropbox Community for help if you have questions about your Dropbox plan or subscription. Find solutions and share advice with members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charged without purchasing a plan.

Charged without purchasing a plan.

AdriannK
New member | Level 2

I will be reporting this site and disputing 4 months of charges on my account. This is an absolute scam with NO customer support. DO NOT give this company any of your information!

5 Replies 5

Mark
Super User II

If you didnt give Dropbox your card details then you need to contact your card provider as somebody has hacked your card. 

If you did then the charges are legit and you should use https://help.dropbox.com/billing/find-credit-card-charge to find out what account you upgraded to then cancel.

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

AdriannK
New member | Level 2
I did not sign up for this and have been billed for 4 months. I disputing all charges and starting a criminal investigation. The business practices of this company are deplorable.

Rich
Super User II

@AdriannK wrote:
I disputing all charges and starting a criminal investigation. The business practices of this company are deplorable.

Disputing the charges and reporting it to your bank are the correct steps. But Dropbox can't charge you unless they've been given your billing information. If you didn't sign up and you've been charged, then SOMEONE ELSE has signed up using your billing information. This is why Mark said that you need to contact your bank.

Again, Dropbox can't just charge you without being asked to do so by SOMEONE.

As Mark also said, if you use the credit card charge lookup tool, you can identify the account that you're being charged for.

If your bank is unable to assist, or you lookup the account and realize that it is an email address that you recognize, then you can contact Dropbox Support directly. Visit the Support page while you're NOT signed in to a Dropbox account, including these forums, and you'll see an option for Billing issues. It's best to use an Incognito or Private browsing session to make sure you're not signed in.

ermanb
New member | Level 2

HELP!  I discovered a charge on my personal chequing account for Dropbox for $169.  I did not sign up for Dropbox.  What do I do?  You cannot contact an actual person, I've tried the chat and that's impossible.

Rich
Super User II

@ermanb wrote:

I discovered a charge on my personal chequing account for Dropbox for $169.  I did not sign up for Dropbox.

You'll need to contact Dropbox Support directly. Visit the Support page while you're NOT signed in to a Dropbox account, including these forums, and you'll see an option for Billing issues. It's best to use an Incognito or Private browsing session to make sure you're not signed in.

Dropbox cannot charge you if they don't have your billing information. If you've been charged and didn't give them your billing information, then someone else has and you should be contacting your bank.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Rich Super User II
    ermanb New member | Level 2
    AdriannK New member | Level 2
    Mark Super User II
What do Dropbox user levels mean?