cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to know what we learned at IBC? Check out our learnings on media, remote working and more right here.

Plans and Subscriptions

Ask the Dropbox Community for help if you have questions about your Dropbox plan or subscription. Find solutions and share advice with members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot Access Email to End Subscription

Cannot Access Email to End Subscription

edonohue
Explorer | Level 3

I have 2 dropbox accounts, currently signed into one of them. I am unable to sign into my other dropbox account as the email address is from a workplace I am no longer at, I no longer have access to it. I know the password to the account but every time I try to login, it makes me authenticate with a code sent to the email account that I do not have access to. I need to cancel the premium Dropbox subscription on the account and delete the account. How can I do this without having access to the email address? I have an invoice from dropbox showing the Premium monthly charge as proof that it is my account. 

5 Replies 5

Rich
Super User II

@edonohue wrote:

I need to cancel the premium Dropbox subscription on the account and delete the account. How can I do this without having access to the email address?

You'll need to contact Dropbox Support directly. Visit the Support page while you're NOT signed in to a Dropbox account, including these forums, and you'll see an option for Billing issues. It's best to use an Incognito or Private browsing session to make sure you're not signed in.

edonohue
Explorer | Level 3

I did this days ago and they have not answered. I am really disappointed with Dropbox customer service. It's ridiculous that I can't just talk to a real person on the phone.

Hannah
Dropbox Staff

Hey @edonohue, sorry to hear about this.

Can you send us the ticket number you received when you submitted the help request, so we can look into it?

Hannah
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

edonohue
Explorer | Level 3

I submitted it on 9/26/2023 and it is ticket number 22714493.

Megan
Dropbox Staff

Hi @edonohue, I located your ticket number, and it seems it was automatically closed.

So, I sent you a new email instead. Reply back to me, and I'll see you there! 

Megan
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Megan Dropbox Staff
    edonohue Explorer | Level 3
    Hannah Dropbox Staff
    Rich Super User II
What do Dropbox user levels mean?