cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to know what we learned at IBC? Check out our learnings on media, remote working and more right here.

Plans and Subscriptions

Ask the Dropbox Community for help if you have questions about your Dropbox plan or subscription. Find solutions and share advice with members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cancelling Annual Subscription

Cancelling Annual Subscription

ghrb
Explorer | Level 3

I wish to cancel an annual subscription 5 months in advance of the renewal anniversary. When trying to change plan within my account, it appears you want to downgrade storage capacity immediately - despite having paid for 2TB up to July....

Would I get a pro rata refund for the remainder of the subscription?

2 Replies 2

Rich
Super User II

@ghrb wrote:

I wish to cancel an annual subscription 5 months in advance of the renewal anniversary. When trying to change plan within my account, it appears you want to downgrade storage capacity immediately ...

Downgrading your account doesn't cancel it immediately. You're basically just turning off the automatic renewal and your account will downgrade back to Basic at the end of your billing period.

ghrb
Explorer | Level 3

Thanks for the reply.

So it's a complete coincidence that the wording of the warning just before you confirm cancellation intimates your world will collapse and you'll lose all data bar 2gb...

Reassuring.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

ghrb Explorer | Level 3
    Rich Super User II
What do Dropbox user levels mean?