cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to know what we learned at IBC? Check out our learnings on media, remote working and more right here.

Plans and Subscriptions

Ask the Dropbox Community for help if you have questions about your Dropbox plan or subscription. Find solutions and share advice with members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cancel Subscription

Cancel Subscription

Nicholas Contey
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Hi: 

We are trying to cancel a dropbox charge that has been incurring on our Company credit card for sometime now. However, no one seems to be able to locate the account associated with it. We tried to do a credit card purchase look up and it didn't work (we assume it is because the expiration date changed and it was never updated on the account but since the card number is the same it can still be charged). We need to find a way to locate the account associated with this charge so we can cancel it. If we are unsuccessful, we will be calling our credit card company to block the charge moving forward. 

49 Replies 49

Nancyp1
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

I have no recollection of either subscribing to or using the service at any point over the last three years. The only correspondence I can find is a reminder that renewal was due and was sent to an email address I have not used for several years. I have been trying to respond to the request on a number of occasions but have been met with a blank wall no matter what method I used. As already mentioned I also tried to contact the CEO directly several times but no response has been forthcoming. I am still out of pocket by almost £300 for a service I do not wish to subscribe to. The renewal request was sent to my old address at [email removed as per Community Guidelines]

Megan
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hi @Nancyp1, would it be okay for me to send you an email, in order for us to have a closer look into this? 

Megan
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Nancyp1
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

Yes please. It would be helpful if you sent your email to me at my current address [email removed as per Community Guidelines] as I have already indicated I no longer use [email removed as per Community Guidelines]

Megan
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hey there, @Nancyp1

I just sent you an email on your Community linked email address. Can you have a look, and respond to me there? 

Thanks a bunch!

Megan
dropbox.com/support

:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

ahubbard
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Hello, the person listed as our Admin is no longer with the company. A renewal charge recently came through that needs to be refunded and I need to delete the account/cancel the subscription.

Mark
Super User II
Go to solution

You need to contact support for assistance via www.dropbox.com/support. Note that refunds are not usually issued unless there is a legal reason why they should be. 

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

1234567b2
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Please cancel this subscription and refund the $128.81 charged on my credit card on 10/31/2022, 83VL1SW73CX7

1234567b2
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

did you receive my request for account cancelation and refund on charges from 10/31/2022 on my credit card

83VL1SW73CX7

Walter
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hey @1234567b2, I'm afraid we can't take account actions like cancellations or refunds on our Community, but I'll be happy to help out with this.

If you don't mind, I can send you an email to the email address that's linked to your profile here, so that we can have a further look internally.

Let me know and we'll take it from there. 

Walter
dropbox.com/support

:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join

1234567b2
New member | Level 2
Go to solution
Yes send an email so we can get the subscription and refund taken care of.
83VL1SW73CX7 $128.81
Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Hannah Dropbox Staff
    abelmonte12 New member | Level 2
    vad876 Explorer | Level 3
What do Dropbox user levels mean?