cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Are you interested in hearing how one of our Community members uses Dropbox for sailing trips? Read all about it here.

Plans and Subscriptions

Ask the Dropbox Community for help if you have questions about your Dropbox plan or subscription. Find solutions and share advice with members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cancellation

Can’t cancel subscription as my email is deleted

Tobychc
Explorer | Level 3

Hello,
I have a Dropbox account which created by the mail of past company which I’ve left almost 1 years ago.
But the account still has my credit card info and Dropbox has been charging my card.

I cannot log-in as the business email address which is no longer in existence and cannot be recovered, also not able to login in any other way, which means that I can’t cancel the subscription by myself.

Plus, it’s worth to be mentioned that I’ve already sent a message through Dropbox Support to notice the situation and ask for cancelling the plan on 2023/09/17, which the message is written in Mandarin.

But I haven’t received any response till now, which means that:
1. Due to the problem of not able to login to Dropbox, my subscription is unwanted but still ongoing.
2. The request of cancelling the subscription I sent through Dropbox Support on 2023/09/17 is still pending, and the problem has not be solved.

With situations above, I would like to ask Is there anyway to:

1. Cancel the subscription of the account.
2. Receive the refund of lastest payment (because I’ve sent the request on 2023/09/17 to notice the situation, but haven’t received any response.)

Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks!

14 Replies 14

Rich
Super User II

@Tobychc wrote:
Can’t cancel subscription as my email is deleted

The only way to cancel if you're unable to sign in to the account is to contact Support directly. If you've already done that you should have received a ticket number. Reply here with that ticket number and a Dropboxer may be able to check the status of the ticket when they return to the office after the holiday.

If you don't have a ticket number, visit the Support page while you're NOT signed in to a Dropbox account, including these forums, and you'll see an option for Billing issues. It's best to use an Incognito or Private browsing session to make sure you're not signed in.

Tobychc
Explorer | Level 3

Hi Rich,
Thank you for your kind reply which really helps me a lot!!
Yes, I contacted Support directly for several times, however I haven't receive any ticket number of them instead of receive the message "Thanks, We'll be in touch", just like the screenshot below.

I entered the Support page and make sure I was not signed into a Dropbox account, and filled up the form again, however I just received the same message without any ticket number again...

May I ask how to receive the ticket number?

2024-01-01 18.37.30.png

 

Walter
Dropbox Staff

Hey @Tobychc - sorry to jump in here, but I just wanted to mention that you should have received an email from the support team in your email's inbox with a ticket ID for your reference. The email address would be the one you filled in the form when first submitting your ticket. 

If you can't find it in your inbox, you can also check your email's spam/junk folder too. 

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join

LozT
Explorer | Level 3

I thought I had cancelled my subscription but payments still being deducted. I can no longer log in as email and service provider no longer exist

Megan
Dropbox Staff

Hi @LozT, let's jump right into this!

Have you tried to contact Dropbox Support directly for this in order for them to help you with the cancellation?

You can visit the Support page while you're not signed in to a Dropbox account, including these forums, and you'll see an option for Billing issues. It's best to use an Incognito or Private browsing session to make sure you're not signed in.

Once you do, feel free to send me the ticket number reference, in order for me to locate it on my end.

Let me know more!

Megan
dropbox.com/support

:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

LozT
Explorer | Level 3

I had previously cancelled my subscription and Dropbox was automatically removed from my computer. I am still getting charged a monthly fee. The email used is no longer in existence and neither is the service provider. THIS IS NOT COOL DROPBOX !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hannah
Dropbox Staff

Hey @LozT, sorry to hear about this.

I can see that Megan replied to your original post about this issue last Tuesday.

I moved this post under it for easy access, can you please take a look at her reply?

Thanks.

Hannah
dropbox.com/support

:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

LozT
Explorer | Level 3

I have done this 3 times and nothing. If I am not logged in how do they respond to me if the email address does not exist. 

LozT
Explorer | Level 3

I cancelled my dropbox which was automatically removed from my computer months ago. I ma still being charged monthly. The email address is no longer in existence. Support has said to use support direct without logging in. I have done this but how are they going to contact me if the email no longer exists. Why can't I just contact a dropbox support member directly to explain? NOT HAPPY

Need more support?