cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to know more about how you can find anything and protect everything? Check it out here.

Plans and Subscriptions

Ask the Dropbox Community for help if you have questions about your Dropbox plan or subscription. Find solutions and share advice with members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I get a refund for a subscription I no longer need?

Can I get a refund for a subscription I no longer need?

dhomuth
New member | Level 2

For some years, I was an automotive writer for several magazines.  I used my Dropbox Basic to transfer photos of cars to various publishers and was quite pleased with how it worked.  But my circumstances have changed:  * Hemmings got sold and the new owners don't use freelance writers as much.  I am no longer writing for them.  * Ecklers magazines got sold and went out of business.  * I moved to a new address.  * I turned 80 last May and am no longer doing the large photo files.  Haven't for nearly a year.  I first got Dropbox at the request of Ecklers and have maintained the subscription.  In the process of moving and leaving freelance writing, I overlooked cancelling the Dropbox subscription, and until the bill showed up today, had forgotten it was still resident on my computer and the account still requires payment.  So I'm throwing myself on the mercy of the company and requesting that my subscription be cancelled and the billing charge reversed.  It's not clear how to get through to someone to explain the situation, and I keep coming up against the statement that refunds are not available.  Is there some way to get hold of someone who can accomplish this?  My situation is such that paying $200 for a software package I will never use again is a pretty significant budget hit.  Could use some advice.  

1 Reply 1

Rich
Super User II

@dhomuth wrote:

I'm ... requesting that my subscription be cancelled and the billing charge reversed. ... and I keep coming up against the statement that refunds are not available.

You can try contacting Support, but it's true that subscription are non-refundable. There are certain (legal) exceptions to that, like the cooling-off law in the UK, but only Support would be able to determine if any apply.

To contact Support, visit the Support page while you're NOT signed in to a Dropbox account, including these forums, and you'll see an option for Billing issues. It's best to use an Incognito or Private browsing session to make sure you're not signed in.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Rich Super User II
What do Dropbox user levels mean?