cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Musicians, convert your MuseScore files to PDF to play music on the go! Learn more here.

Plans and Subscriptions

Ask the Dropbox Community for help if you have questions about your Dropbox plan or subscription. Find solutions and share advice with members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I connect two business Dropbox accounts?

Can I connect two business Dropbox accounts?

rgau
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

I have my own "Personal" Paid Business Dropbox account that I have synced to all my devices. This is a Personal Dropbox account but I pay the annual fee for a Business account as I enjoy the additional features and storage space. 

I am currently doing some work for a client and need to have their company Business Dropbox account synced to my computer, I do not want to un-sync my paid Business Dropbox account.

I tried to use the "Connect My Personal Dropbox Account" feature, however, it tells me I can only connect if I have a personal Dropbox account. 

So, what I am assuming is because I have decided as a personal user to pay for a Business account, I am now not able to access a feature that I need to be able to work effectively with my client!?

Surely there is a way I can connect to my Personal Dropbox account, despite it technically being a Business account?

Please help!

10 Replies 10

Anita2531
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

On a Mac: How to add folders at finder level when you are dealing with multiple DropBox accounts (freelancers with multiple clients):

1. Log out of DropBox
  2. Log in to client A’s DropBox account with your unique email and password for that account ClientA@email.com
  3. From the web portal, find the folder you need and SHARE that folder with the DropBox account you have finder access to MyEmail@email.com
  4. Log out of DropBox
  5. Log into DropBox using MyEmail@email.com, check that email account for the link you just sent yourself from DropBox
  6. Click on the link in the email, add that folder to DropBox in finder
  7. Note: you may be able to skip some of the log in/log out. I haven't experimented yet. But sharing the folder works!

Remember to choose “Smart Sync” access “Online Only” or “Local” (right click on the folder). It may be necessary to have a business account vs a personal account in order to have enough storage space.

[This thread is now closed by moderators due to inactivity. If you're experiencing a similar behavior or have a question, feel free to Ask for help from the Community here.]

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Anita2531 New member | Level 2
    Jane Dropbox Staff
    anita253 New member | Level 2
    Lusil Dropbox Staff
    ERM1 New member | Level 2
What do Dropbox user levels mean?