cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Are you interested in hearing how one of our Community members uses Dropbox for sailing trips? Read all about it here.

Plans and Subscriptions

Ask the Dropbox Community for help if you have questions about your Dropbox plan or subscription. Find solutions and share advice with members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BoxCryptor E2EE Integration: Which plans will get it?

BoxCryptor E2EE Integration: Which plans will get it?

chemistrykid
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Hi,

I was a long-time subscriber to the Dropbox Plus plan before I changed to another provider. Now that Dropbox is working to incorporate the end-to-end encryption (E2EE) functionality of BoxCryptor, I'm thinking of switching back if it would be included in the Plus plan. Some sources online suggest that it might just be the "business plans" (which I would guess means Professional or above) that are included, but others suggest that it is *any* paid plan. Does anyone have information about which plans would be getting the E2EE?

Thank you,

Chemistrykid

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Mark
Super User II
Go to solution

Dropbox have already said that it will be Business plans only (which does not include Professional). From reading press it is going to be highlevel Business plans only. 

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Mark
Super User II
Go to solution

Dropbox have already said that it will be Business plans only (which does not include Professional). From reading press it is going to be highlevel Business plans only. 

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

António A.1
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Hi. I think I can't move out of Dropbox because I work with a lot of coauthors who are not willing to leave. With Boxcryptor in non individual plans only, is there any alternative for end-to-end encryption using Dropbox?

Thanks

António

apfund
Dropbox Product Manager
Go to solution

Hi there, 

I wanted to share a quick update with you: 

We have launched our end-to-end encryption last month. More details can be found here and here
High level overview: 
You can now add end-to-end encryption to team folders. The functionality is available for our Advanced, Business Plus and Enterprise customers at no additional costs. 

But I have noted your feedback regarding E2EE for individual users and will share it with the team. 
If there are any questions, please let me know!

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

apfund Dropbox Product Manager
    António A.1 New member | Level 2
    Mark Super User II
What do Dropbox user levels mean?