cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Are you using the Microsoft co-authoring beta for Dropbox? Share your feedback and learn more about it here.

Plans and Subscriptions

Ask the Dropbox Community for help if you have questions about your Dropbox plan or subscription. Find solutions and share advice with members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Being charged for an upgraded service even though account is still on 'Basic'

Being charged for an upgraded service even though account is still on 'Basic'

nv89
New member | Level 2

Hi, 

I upgraded (or thought I had) to Dropbox Plus – Monthly through Apple subscriptions and have been paying AUD$18.49 per month for almost a year. Yet when I try to use Dropbox it says I am still, and always have been, on Basic and am over my storage limit so can't access any of my files or do anything. Pretty awesome. I've been trying to request a refund, but because my Dropbox account is apparently only 'Basic', I'm prevented from contacting a human being about fixing this – instead getting stuck in endless hellish online loops in your 'support' centre. 

13 Replies 13

Megan
Dropbox Staff

Hi @ReddEmpress, I just sent you an email, I'll see you there!

Megan
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Jami Travel
New member | Level 2

I am having this same problem.  My plan says Basic and I cannot contact anyone but I have been charged $13.16 for at least a year, probably more.  Please help me.  I learned about this when I logged in to change my billing credit card.  

Rich
Super User II

@Jami Travel wrote:

My plan says Basic and I cannot contact anyone but I have been charged $13.16 for at least a year, probably more.

Verify you're not being charged for a different account. Use the credit card charge lookup tool to identify the account you've been paying for.

Jami Travel
New member | Level 2

Well, that was it.  I've been charged for an account I haven't used since 2014.  Great.  Thank you for your help!

Need more support?