cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to know what we learned at IBC? Check out our learnings on media, remote working and more right here.

Plans and Subscriptions

Ask the Dropbox Community for help if you have questions about your Dropbox plan or subscription. Find solutions and share advice with members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Billing / Apple

Apple payment succeeded, but still no Dropbox subscription

coskun o.
Explorer | Level 3

I have been using the "professional" plan for many years with a subscription to the Dropbox app store. Last month, Dropbox could not receive the payment because the internet usage limit of my credit card was closed. I then immediately restored and updated the payment and the money was withdrawn from my account. However, for about 1 month, I have received a mail from dropboz that no payment has been received from my account. Today my account was downgraded to Basic version. My account now appears as professional on the apple store. There is no problem with my payment. Please help me solve my problem as soon as possible.

12 Replies 12

Nancy
Dropbox Staff

Thanks for letting us know here, @coskun o.

Have you followed these steps to restore purchases on your Dropbox account? Does that seem to resolve the issue, or are you getting any errors?

Also, if you check the latest receipt from Apple about your recent payment, has it been sent to a different email address perhaps? I’d like to double check if a second Dropbox account could have been upgraded instead. 

Let me know.

Nancy
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

coskun o.
Explorer | Level 3

Hi

I applied all of these solutions after my account was not paid last month. Then the payment was withdrawn from my card. The receipt shows my normal e-mail address. It will be renewed again on 05.01.2024. But although I have made my payments, I cannot use it now.

Nancy
Dropbox Staff

Thanks for clarifying that! Can I log a ticket for you then, so that we can look into this internally? 

I can message you to this email address.

Nancy
dropbox.com/support

coskun o.
Explorer | Level 3

Yes. Im waiting. Thanks

Nancy
Dropbox Staff

@coskun o., please check your email address, and respond back to me.

Nancy
dropbox.com/support

CrazyTux
Explorer | Level 4
I’ve been billed through Apple for Dropbox for months despite Dropbox not recognizing my account as paid. It has been on the “basic” plan and says I’m out of storage, although I’ve been billed for a very long time. Has anyone else encountered this issue ? There is some kind of disconnect between Apple subscription and my actual Dropbox account. Look forward to hearing back on this matter. I’ve recently reached out to Apple to cancel the subscription finally in which I received a “we’re sorry to see you go email”, despite my account obviously have this disconnect.

Hannah
Dropbox Staff

Sorry to hear that you're having this issue, @CrazyTux.

Have you ever tried to restore your purchase from within the Dropbox app?

As long as you want to keep your Dropbox subscription, of course, you can try the steps here and let us know if they helped.

Thanks.

Hannah
dropbox.com/support

CrazyTux
Explorer | Level 4
I’ve attempted to restore purchase however it did not work, I could not tell you the exact message received at this time. Ultimately I would like for you to investigate the disconnect internally and apply either the appropriate refund or account credit. I’ve been paying for months without access to service and Apple would only go back the last two months. Please advise. Thank you.

CrazyTux
Explorer | Level 4
Let me also add this was for the same email address that I used for the subscription and Apple ID, this was not an alternate account.
Need more support?