cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Are you using the Microsoft co-authoring beta for Dropbox? Share your feedback and learn more about it here.

Plans and Subscriptions

Ask the Dropbox Community for help if you have questions about your Dropbox plan or subscription. Find solutions and share advice with members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Anyone Else Unable To Upgrade?? Plus Horrible Customer Service

Anyone Else Unable To Upgrade?? Plus Horrible Customer Service

nsns
Helpful | Level 5

Hey All,

I got an error when I purchased my plan from the sales rep link and it has been a NIGHTMARE every since. I can't make ANY changes to my account and the plan is always wrong. I had business plus for 3 users, but was charged for 5 users... it took over a week to fix this and they had to refund the entire thing and have me repurchase a plan for 3 users. With the repurchase link it was just for the regular business plan with 3 users... for 2 weeks I have asked support why I dont have unlimited templates like I was sold on and all they said was "we will send your feedback to developers". I finally figured out the issue on my own was I just needed to upgrade to business plus again... I have tried to upgrade via my account through the upgrade option, through the plan option, through the billing option, and through a specific link provided by support and continually get the same error. I have contacted support 3 times. I was given instructions how to upgrade on my own and ticket closed (again... there is AN ERROR and I can't). It has been days with no support reply. I am literally losing business and trying to give dropbox more money and upgrade my plan. What a horrible experience. Any tips to just upgrade? It is a simple solution to my problem yet support either didn't know I should upgrade or is unable to help me upgrade! Help!!

32 Replies 32

Nancy
Dropbox Staff

Hey @annabr, please check your email address and reply back to my message, when possible.

@nsns, I had a look at your support ticket and can see that our advanced agent replied back to you recently. I can understand your frustration though due to the delay. I’ve left them another internal note as well, so that they may get back to you sooner.

Nancy
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

nsns
Helpful | Level 5

I did not receive a reply????

Walter
Dropbox Staff

Hey @nsns - sorry to jump in here, but I took a look at your ticket in our system and I can see that our expert has responded to you a little while ago.

Please let us know if you're still not getting their emails and we'll take it from there. 

Walter
dropbox.com/support

:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join

Johanna Zhang
New member | Level 2

same here! totally unacceptable!

I'm leaving dropbox!

And I suggest you leave as well.

mynameissally
Explorer | Level 4

I am having the same issue. I cannot upgrade my storage capacity and it gives me the same errors no matter what device/browser I am on. I can't open a ticket for support because I can't upgrade. "Something went wrong. Please refresh the page or contact customer support."

Walter
Dropbox Staff

Hey @mynameissally - sorry to hear you're having issues with this.

Since this issue persists on several browsers and devices of yours, would it be OK if we sent you an email to have a further look internally? 

Walter
dropbox.com/support

:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join

Resources6
New member | Level 2

I have same issue - a blank white box on the upgrade screen and keep sending me round in circles. 

Rogaa
Explorer | Level 4

Hi there, may I know if you already tried using your Phone support option to contact Dropbox? You can go to your Admin Console, then go to Help, and then you see a Phone number field just input your phone number and request for a call. As long as you call during business hours they should be able to call you right away. Hope this helps.

Rogaa
Explorer | Level 4
Hi there. One reason why upgrading to a higher plan gives an error message is when the current payment method that is stored in your account is not updated ( could be that it is already time that the expiration date needs to be changed, etc). When you tried to upgrade to the Business-Plus, did it let go all the way to the checkout page where you just need to click on Purchase ? And afterwards you get that message that an error is taking place and to contact support? If yes, please check first if your payment method is updated then try again. If that doesnt work still, consider this second factor
2. Another reason for getting an error is when you linked your personal account with your business account and both of them are signed in for seamless switching. To find out if you have a personal account linked with your business account you click your Avatar ( person icon or name initials) on the top right corner of your screen and then click on Settings. Under Settings, choose General. Then on the 4th row going down, just under your work email you will see if your work account is linked with your personal account. You will know it if you see the button “unlink” on the right side. If yes, you unlink your personal accout first. Then proceed with the upgrade again. If it goes through, you can just go back and re-link your personal account by going to the same place—settings>general. Hope this helps

Rogaa
Explorer | Level 4
Hi there,
If you said you upgraded to the 30 day trial you will really not see a record in your bank. You can click this link to check if your trial has been successful: www.dropbox.com/account/plan . If you see that your plan is already on Essentials then you are able to upgrade to the trial already. Hope this helps
Need more support?