cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Are you using the Microsoft co-authoring beta for Dropbox? Share your feedback and learn more about it here.

Plans and Subscriptions

Ask the Dropbox Community for help if you have questions about your Dropbox plan or subscription. Find solutions and share advice with members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Add Vat Numbert to a Drobox Plus subscription

Add Vat Numbert to a Drobox Plus subscription

Catch1
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Hi, I have a Dropbox Plus account, I need to gave the VAT number on the invoces. My VAT number is Italian.

I tried following the instructions, to add the Vat,  but it didn't work.

I checked the Billing tab, I did not find the Invoice details item, I only found the payment method with the Update button next to it. In that section I can only update the payment method and postcode, but there is no place for the VAT number.

I don't understand if the is the type of my account the problem?

I need to insert the VAT number in the invoices, how can I do it?

Thanks in advance

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Mark
Super User II
Go to solution

@Catch1 wrote:

It is. Plus is classed as a home user product and as such is deemed exempt from VAT. 

You can only add VAT numbers to Professional and higher: https://help.dropbox.com/billing/vat-id

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Mark
Super User II
Go to solution

@Catch1 wrote:

It is. Plus is classed as a home user product and as such is deemed exempt from VAT. 

You can only add VAT numbers to Professional and higher: https://help.dropbox.com/billing/vat-id

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Gianluca-72
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Ho appena attivato un piano Dropbox Plus, ma la fattura non riporta la mia partita IVA italiana.

E' possibile modificare la fattura indicando la mia partita IVA italiana?

Hannah
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Ciao @Gianluca-72, grazie per aver postato nella nostra Community.

Poiché il nostro abbonamento Plus è un prodotto per uso personale piuttosto che un prodotto aziendale, non è possibile aggiungere un numero di partita IVA sulla fattura.

Tuttavia, come soluzione alternativa, puoi aggiungere il tuo numero di partita IVA, modificando il nome del tuo account tramite le impostazioni qui.

------------

Hey @Gianluca-72, thanks for posting to our Community.

Since our Plus subscription is a product for personal use rather than a business product, there's no option to add a VAT number on the invoice.

However, as a workaround, you can add your VAT number, by editing your account name through your settings here.

Hannah
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

jules W.
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Got to wonder how Dropbox get away with that in terms of accounting in the EU etc? 

I have to pay VAT on things I buy for home? 

artmanjam1
Collaborator | Level 8
'Plus is classed as a home user product and as such is deemed exempt from VAT.'

This is just totally false. As soon as the customer is EU VAT registered, Dropbox should not charge VAT. There's no so called 'home' product which could be exempt from VAT in such a case, these are just unfair and illegal practises.

It's been 5 years I submitted this illegal practise and I couldn't get any accurate answer from Dropbox. I finally got a VAT refund and closed my Plus Plan then.
Need more support?