cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
If you’ve changed your email address, now's the perfect time to update it on your Dropbox account and we’re here to help! Learn more here.

Plans and Subscriptions

Ask the Dropbox Community for help if you have questions about your Dropbox plan or subscription. Find solutions and share advice with members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Accidently added to another company's Dropbox, refunded my personal subscription to my company's

I accidentally joined a business account. How can I go back to my original plan?

HazelRevilla
Explorer | Level 3

Hey! Please help me I'm being charged for a dropbox business account. I didn't mean to have it clicked. A client shared a link to a folder. Now I'm being registered to a business account. I want my original plan to be restored which is 2tb per year only. Please help thank you!

24 Replies 24

PD24
New member | Level 2

Help! I've accepted an invitation to a colleague's Dropbox to help with her clients while she's on maternity leave. Instead of showing her main folder and sub-folders in my account, now mine has been absorbed into her account somehow – can I rewind to an hour ago to fix this? I've also received notification of a refund for my Dropbox subscription which is not at all what I wanted. Hope I'm articulating this ok... very stressed, and don't want to stress her out, please help!

Hannah
Dropbox Staff

Hey @PD24, thanks for reaching out to us.

It sounds like you've accidentally joined a Dropbox team account.

To go back to your individual account now, the admin of the team, in this case your colleague, will need to convert your account back to an individual Basic account.

That way, the team files will be removed and you'll keep your personal files and your account.

Since you'll go back to the free version and you've received a prorated refund for your previous plan, you can simply re-upgrade from this page.

I hope this helps!

Hannah
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

TC55
New member | Level 2

I purchased my own Dropbox for my company's folders. We are working with another company, and they accidently invited me to join their Dropbox. I accepted the invite (not knowing this was a mistake), and was refunded my original purchase and am now on their plan it appears. I would like to be removed from theirs, and go back to my original plan with just my company. 

Mark
Super User II

Hi @TC55 

You need to ask that the company remove you note they must not delete you. Then you will be removed and downgraded back to a free account at which point you can re-upgrade. 

The only people who can do that though are the business themselves. 

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Rich
Super User II

You need to ask that the company remove you note they must not delete you.

Need more support?