cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
If you’ve changed your email address, now's the perfect time to update it on your Dropbox account and we’re here to help! Learn more here.

Plans and Subscriptions

Ask the Dropbox Community for help if you have questions about your Dropbox plan or subscription. Find solutions and share advice with members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Accessing support re: account status

Accessing Support chat regarding the account's status.

LewFlagg
Explorer | Level 3

Does anyone at Dropbox care that their support screens are non-responsive?  I did find a human in sales, but they don't care about customer satisfaction.  Go into chat, pick a language, click Chat now and nothing happens.  Try email support.  Fill in the screen and click the blue button at the bottom and nothing happens.  Are they trying to drive me to GoogleDrive?

11 Replies 11

Megan
Dropbox Staff

Hey @LewFlagg, welcome to our Community! 

Sorry to hear about that! Have you tried accessing our Support through the chat channels, using a different browser, by any chance? 

I'm asking in case this was a browser-related issue. In any case, you can always let me know more in regards to your case and I'll do my best to assist. 

Keep me posted! 

Megan
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

LewFlagg
Explorer | Level 3

I was on the laptop that I am on now, and it is fully functional (or I would not be in this conversation).  When I clicked the buttons, they dimmed briefly, but then nothing happened, either in Chat or Email screens.

Rich
Super User II

@LewFlagg wrote:

I was on the laptop that I am on now, and it is fully functional ...

It's still good to try in another browser, or clearing your browser's cache/browsing history and trying again. Issues like this are almost always browser related and clearing the cache and browsing history is the first step when a page isn't behaving as intended.

For what it's worth, the chat system appears to be working fine for me. I just clicked the Chat Now button and the chat window appeared in the lower right corner of the page.

Laureline
Community Manager

Hmm @LewFlagg , let me talk with our engineers to check if we are having any issue with www.dropbox.com/support  🤔

In the meantime, I'd recommend trying another browser like @Rich recommended.

LewFlagg
Explorer | Level 3

Works on my tablet (chat), but it is a different screen.  And typing on a tablet is slow.

LewFlagg
Explorer | Level 3

I have been slowly communicating with support.  He is connecting me with a human regarding my accounting issues.

Hannah
Dropbox Staff

Thanks @LewFlagg!

If you receive an email with a ticket number, please send it along to us as well.

Hannah
dropbox.com/support

LewFlagg
Explorer | Level 3

I talked to an Indian gentleman on a SF phone number, but it has been a couple of days, and I have had heard back with closure.

Hannah
Dropbox Staff

Hmm, not sure if that was a member of our support team; only Dropbox team admins have access to phone support and you would have received an email after your call, along with a ticket number for your reference.

Would you like to give us some info about your issue?

We'd be happy to assist you from here!

Hannah
dropbox.com/support

Need more support?