cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to know what we learned at IBC? Check out our learnings on media, remote working and more right here.

Plans and Subscriptions

Ask the Dropbox Community for help if you have questions about your Dropbox plan or subscription. Find solutions and share advice with members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

About to be charged for an inactive account? Unable to ask support about it?

About to be charged for an inactive account? Unable to ask support about it?

jim_yost
New member | Level 2

My account was deactivated 11 months ago (11-2023), but now I am receiving notification emails saying my account will be auto-renewed in a month.

There is no route to contact customer support regarding this, despite helpful sounding advice on this site, such as "Just make sure to use an incognito window without logging into any Dropbox account and fill in this form with all the relevant information and an email address we can reach you at." 

There IS NO FORM or place to leave your email address at that link, just endless circular bot prompts.

But on a casual review the site, it LOOKS like there are paths to follow to request help, but the SUBMIT button always fails because you are always required to answer very specific details that can't be answered. A detail like, "The transaction number of the payment you are inquiring about."  And then you can't submit the question.

I need a functional link to email support and ask for confirmation that I will not be auto-renewed and charged for an inactive account. Thanks for any support!

1 Reply 1

Rich
Super User II

@jim_yost wrote:

I need a functional link to email support and ask for confirmation that I will not be auto-renewed and charged for an inactive account.

That link is fully functional, and the only way to contact Support. If there's a field you don't have information for, just enter something and explain the details in the field at the bottom.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Rich Super User II
What do Dropbox user levels mean?