cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Are you interested in hearing how one of our Community members uses Dropbox for sailing trips? Read all about it here.

Photographers

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Christmas wish list - what photography equipment are you hoping for this year?

Christmas wish list - what photography equipment are you hoping for this year?

Graham
Community Manager
It’s almost Christmas and we’re assuming most of you have been pretty good this year and potentially inline for some wonderful Christmas treats, if you celebrate. So, it got us wondering, what’s the one piece of photography equipment that’s currently on your Christmas wish list. Whether it’s a magical gift from Santa Clause, a family member or partner, or even a lovely gift to yourself, we want to know what new toys you’ll hopefully be playing with come the 25th December.

I’ll start the ball rolling, I take all of my photos on my phone and I was hoping to up my game a little in 2024 and there are a couple of things I’d really like to see appear in my Christmas sock to help improve the quality of the photos I take. The first thing, is an attachable lens. Now, I’ve seen these a lot on social media and I’m not exactly sure how well they work but I’m a bit of a sucker for a good gadget and they’re not too expensive, so I’ve added it to my Christmas list inn the hope that it works well.

The reason behind the lens is there has been a lot of small birds appearing in my garden lately andI’d like to start taking some photos of them, the zoom on my phone is pretty good but by the time I’ve got the birds on the screen, they look a bit pixelated so I’m hoping the lens will help with this. That brings me right into the second item on my list, a tripod. My hands are far too shaky to take a good picture when using the zoom so I’m hoping the tripod will help with this. If I’m lucky enough to get them both, I’ll share some photos in the new year!

So, now over to you, what photography equipment is on your wish list this year, or are you getting some kit for someone else? Let us know with a response below!

1 Reply 1

lukeyo
Super User

I want a new fixed length lens, an EF 35mm or a 24mm 1.4

50 is lovely but something wider is required so often especially when getting close up to people and still showing their context

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

lukeyo Super User
What do Dropbox user levels mean?