cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Latest news

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: We've updated the Admin Console!

We've updated the Admin Console!

AnastasiaDBX
Dropbox Product Manager
Hi folks,

I’m Anastasia and I’m part of a team focused on delivering a better admin experience for teams. We are thrilled to announce that we’ve updated the admin console! Our team has been hard at work developing this based on feedback from our admins, and we can't wait for you to try it out and share some feedback with us. 🙂

The changes to the admin console make it easier for you to:
  • Tackle to-dos on the Dashboard homepage
  • Protect your team’s content, with enhanced monitoring and settings on the Security page
  • Manage member access to folders and add-ons on the Members page
Some changes you’ll want to know about:
  • We’ve replaced the Insights page with a new Dashboard homepage
  • Our activity logs are now all under Security (formerly in the Activity page)
We hope you love it, but please share any and all feedback with us so that we can make the admin console the best it can be.

Thank you for your continued support!
Anastasia
11 Replies 11

Graham
Community Manager

Hey @AnastasiaDBX,

Thanks for sharing these updates to Admin Console with us! Sounds like these are going to make a real difference to people's workflow. I'm really looking forward to hearing what some of our Community members think about these changes. 

If you're using Admin Console and come across these updates please let us know what you think!

Thanks, and have a great day!

Graham

megamunch
Explorer | Level 4

Is there a way to opt-out or roll back to the the previous admin console once this has been updated?

I've been trying to produce user activity logs from the new Security menu but there is serious delay/lag when clicking on any of the filters, and then again inside the filters themselves while trying to narrow down the activity events. There are constant issues with the new console just freezing.

I find that I can no longer specify the date/time range, activity type, or user/s in an activity export. Instead, this is now generating an export of all activity for all users for the last week only. Also, some users exist in the organisation that are no longer visible in the "People" filter.

This is not isolated to one browser, or one admin user.

Smarsh24
Explorer | Level 4

Having similar issues here. I cannot find timestamps for activities. It's showing just dates only and I need times as well. 

It is also incredibly slow and keeps freezing on me.

Any way to rollback to the old one?

Bill_Beach
Explorer | Level 4

On the Members page, the inability to see the size of a user's Dropbox is not good. There should be a column that indicates the space used per user, instead of having to click on each user, like there used to be. Also, since the Insights page is now gone, the amount of total of spaced used and the total available/plan space should be at the top of the Members page instead of being buried in Billing.

AnastasiaDBX
Dropbox Product Manager

Hi everyone,

Thank you so much for the feedback! So far, we've made the following changes:

• In the Activity page, you can now apply filters to the export
  • In the Activity page, you can now specify the date range for the export, rather than only being able to export a week's worth of data

We're actively working on fixing the other issues you all raised. In the next few weeks, we expect to have addressed the following issues:

• The Activity page (and its filters) will load faster
  • The Members filter will load faster (and will no longer appear to be missing people)
  • Space usage will be visible in the Members page

Please continue to share feedback as you use the Admin Console - your feedback is invaluable!

Thank you,

Anastasia

Graham
Community Manager

Hi @megamunch@Smarsh24 & @Bill_Beach,

I hope you're all well today. I just wanted to back up what Anastasia has already said here and say an extra thank you for your feedback on these updates to the Admin Console. The info you have shared here is really valuable to the team and helps to make Dropbox better for everyone! 

As a small token of our appreciation, we have a gift for you all. Please leave a response and let me know if it is OK to reach out to you at the email address associated with your account and I'll get get the gift on it's way to you! 

Thanks again, and have a lovely day!

Graham

Bill_Beach
Explorer | Level 4

Sure, it's ok.

Graham
Community Manager

Hi @Bill_Beach,

That's great, please keep an eye on your email and we'll be in touch soon!

Thanks again,

Graham

Smarsh24
Explorer | Level 4
Yes that is ok, thanks.
Need more support?