cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
If you’ve changed your email address, now's the perfect time to update it on your Dropbox account and we’re here to help! Learn more here.

Latest news

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hi! I’m Theresa!

Hi! I’m Theresa!

T_theresa_A
Community Manager
Hello Dropbox Community! 

I hope you’re all doing great! I’m Theresa and I am super excited to join this awesome Dropbox community. My mission here is to help enhance this warm, welcoming space to a place where everyone feels comfortable to share, ask questions, and connect with each other. Whether you’re new to Dropbox or have been around for a while, your voice matters, and I am here to make sure it gets heard! 

A little bit about me, I am a huge music lover (always down for new recommendations) :notes: Recently, I have been dipping my toes into home recording - just a beginner, and it’s really a work in progress, but I’m having a great time with my little DIY Studio! And let me tell you, Dropbox has been a lifesaver for keeping my projects backed up safely. I cannot wait to hear from any other home recording fans within the Musicians Group! I’m kinda storing everything in my Dropbox like a digital treasure chest, but I’d love to know how other musicians keep everything neat and tidy whilst in the creative flow! 

Here’s what you can expect from me: 

😀A friendly faceI’ll be here to answer questions, listen to your ideas and engage in conversation, so don’t hesitate to say hello! 

🙌 Supportive Vibes: Have a question? Need advice? Want to share something cool about how you use Dropbox? Let’s talk! Remember, no question is too small! 

💫 Fun and interactive posts: I’ll be sharing posts about fun ways to use your Dropbox account, to get the most out of your experience, and to hear your thoughts, ideas and experiences. 

But enough about me, I’d love to get to know YOU! Let’s kick things off - what brought you here to the Dropbox community? Or if you have any burning questions about anything Dropbox, feel free to drop them here ✌️

Looking forward to hearing from you all and sharing all things Dropbox. 
6 Replies 6

Здравко
Legendary | Level 20

@T_theresa_A wrote:
... Whether you’re new to Dropbox or have been around for a while, your voice matters, and I am here to make sure it gets heard! 

Don't promise something you cannot ensure. 😉 This a way that mandatory leads to disappointment. Why am I saying this?

There are many things (imperfections - not to say bugs) in Dropbox (including Dropbox as a service, Dropbox applications, Dropbox API, etc.) that stay for decade or more. Many users have complained for every one thing and nobody from Dropbox didn't take care and no any sign that some care will follow!

What makes you think that you can change something (to make system developers and other responsible to pay attention)? 🧐

Amy
Community Manager

Hi @Здравко - thanks for sharing your thoughts, and I am just going to jump in here as it's Theresa's first week. This info is great for her to know, but we are working with the product teams so they are getting more involved on the Community too. And don't worry, the feedback and issues get escalated to the teams, and while there are some issues that are unsolved, we are working on it! Theresa is here to help those conversations to happen so we're on the same page 😁

Здравко
Legendary | Level 20

@Amy wrote:

... And don't worry, the feedback and issues get escalated to the teams, and while there are some issues that are unsolved, we are working on it! ...

Really? 🤔 Let's see... The first thing that comes up in my mind is Unicode support. Correct me if I'm wrong, but Dropbox is the only service provider (as far as I know) on the world at present that misses still full Unicode support. This is from day zero of the company, but Dropbox still uses restricted charsets - technologies from the past century (i.e. technology obsoleted long before Dropbox founding)! Who is working on this? 🧐 What will your new colleague answers on such a question? There are lot questions like this one - you better than me know how much are they - I don't pretend to be able enumerate them - most of them are wiped out already.

There are many others, like limited service availability on different platform despite the declaration of available support on some places (i.e. on advertisement), bad compatibility with some applications that are trying read from online only files, etc, etc... (I recalled one example here - just for reference)

@Amy wrote:

... Theresa is here to help those conversations to happen so we're on the same page 😁

Yes, for sure. Since you're doing answer to my comment, Theresa seems to got confused by me. That was NOT my intention!

Sorry Theresa if that's the case! Be strong in your first steps 😉 and go further, but keep stick to the reality... And don't be so shy - we all are people. 🙂

Good luck!

Panayot Bobev
New member | Level 2
Hi Teresa,
Just passing by to tel you that the new dropbox interface for Samsung galaxy Z fold 6 is DISGUSTINGLY UNFRIENDLY. How can I return to the old one?!

Jay
Dropbox Staff

Hi @Panayot Bobev, thanks for the feedback.

Could you attach a screenshot showing what it looks like on your device, while hiding any personal emails, names and files?

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

DBoxTips
Collaborator | Level 10

Welcome to the community @T_theresa_A,

This forum can sometimes be a place filled with a little bit of tough love, but I like to think people posting here about their issues/puzzles with Dropbox care enough to take the time to do it (instead of giving up), so that’s a great thing.

Keep the music playing and have a great time here!

Cheers,
Andrew (DBoxTips)

I am an individual contributor to the Dropbox Community forums, not affiliated with Dropbox in any way. All opinions expressed here are my own.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

DBoxTips Collaborator | Level 10
    Jay Dropbox Staff
    Panayot Bobev New member | Level 2
    Здравко Legendary | Level 20
    Amy Community Manager
What do Dropbox user levels mean?