cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
If you’ve changed your email address, now's the perfect time to update it on your Dropbox account and we’re here to help! Learn more here.

Integrations

Find solutions to issues with third-party integrations from the Dropbox Community. Share advice and help members with their integration questions.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I'd like a feature that allows us to sell files via Dropbox.

I'd like a feature that allows us to sell files via Dropbox.

svidrondigital
New member | Level 2

Hi All,

I am a business user of Dropbox, and I think it would be an incredibly valuable feature wherein Dropbox can be integrated with a payment gateway, to allow monetisation of files. I.e content creators and distribution allowed to assign an admin account from their payment gateway to a folder category, where all files in the folder can be sold. As an example, an agency such as mine being able to store files in my Dropbox, categorised by client, and being able to connect their bank account directly to each file in their folder, so they can receive payment for the distribution of their files. Also, as a music publisher and distributor, I would be able to collect royalties and revenue for my clients, and distribute the funds to them.

1 Reply 1

Mark
Super User II

Dropbox did this as a trial and pulled it rather quickly 😞 

I cant, personally, see it coming back

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Mark Super User II
What do Dropbox user levels mean?