cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Musicians, convert your MuseScore files to PDF to play music on the go! Learn more here.

Integrations

Find solutions to issues with third-party integrations from the Dropbox Community. Share advice and help members with their integration questions.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: How To Use Dropbox Sign in Person

How to use Dropbox Sign in person?

DeanGray01
Explorer | Level 3

I cant work out how to use dropbox sign in person ? Wanting clients to be able to sign a contract on my tablet. Sounds easy, however the instructions from dropbox are not even close to working. Any help would be appreciated 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

DbxNate
Dropbox Staff

Hey Dean! I'm a former engineer at HelloSign. Let me see if I might be able to help.

You're correct, Dropbox Sign (formerly HelloSign) does support In-Person Signing. That Help Center article you shared is accurate and appears up to date. I have a few questions for you:

1. Are you attempting to enable In-person Signing on hellosign.com, or using Dropbox.com?
  2. As noted in the article, you will need a paid Standard or Premium plan. Can you confirm you're on one of these plans?
  3. When you follow the steps in the article, are you able to toggle the "In-person signing" switch to "On"?
  4. After doing so, do you see the link underneath "In-person signing"? 

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

Nancy
Dropbox Staff

Hi @DeanGray01, and thanks for your post! 

Are you trying to send over your document to be signed and you’re having trouble with a specific step along the way? 

Feel free to send me the Help Center article you’re checking and I can have a look. 

Keep me in the loop.

Nancy
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

DeanGray01
Explorer | Level 3

am trying to have a client that i am with (phyiscally) sign a document on my Tablet, so that i dont have to print it out. 

Nancy
Dropbox Staff

Thanks for clarifying that. 

When using Dropbox Sign, you’ll need to send over the signature request to the client’s/recipient’s email address, so that they can sign it (here are all the steps you’ll need to follow). 

After your client has received the signature request to their email address, they can sign it this way.

Nancy
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

DeanGray01
Explorer | Level 3

So the answer is No, I dont want to use the sending via email way ( I have been told by dropbox today that it can be done) at links like this https://faq.hellosign.com/hc/en-us/articles/208928477-How-to-use-in-person-signing Docusign has been ablt to do it for years ?? 

DeanGray01
Explorer | Level 3

also had this email from dropbox

Hi Dean,

Thank you for chatting with Dropbox Support today! This email includes a ticket number for your reference.

Unfortunately, it does appear as though we were disconnected before I was able to finish assisting you with the issue at hand. Despite such, I shall continue to provide you assistance, via email.

Today you contacted us because you needed guidance on how to use in person the Dropbox sign feature.

I will provide you here the steps you need to follow in order to achieve that:

1. Log in to dropbox.com.
  2. Click the name of the PDF file you’d like to sign.
  3. Click Edit above the file preview. This will open the editing mode.
  4. Click Sign above the file preview.
  5. Add your signature.
    • To draw a signature, click Draw from within the Sign toolbar. Add your signature using your mouse or mousepad.
    • To type your signature, click Type, then type your name. To change the signature font, click Change font in the lower left of the signature window.
    • To upload your signature, click Upload. Click Upload Photo to make a selection from your desktop or Dropbox files.
      • Note: Signature photos must be smaller than 40MB and must be one of these file types: .png, .jpg, .jpeg, .bmp, or .gif.
  1. Click Insert to add your selected signature option to the PDF.
  2. Click Done.
    • Your edited PDF will be saved as a new file within your Dropbox account. Anyone with access to the original file won’t see the changes.

DbxNate
Dropbox Staff

Hey Dean! I'm a former engineer at HelloSign. Let me see if I might be able to help.

You're correct, Dropbox Sign (formerly HelloSign) does support In-Person Signing. That Help Center article you shared is accurate and appears up to date. I have a few questions for you:

1. Are you attempting to enable In-person Signing on hellosign.com, or using Dropbox.com?
  2. As noted in the article, you will need a paid Standard or Premium plan. Can you confirm you're on one of these plans?
  3. When you follow the steps in the article, are you able to toggle the "In-person signing" switch to "On"?
  4. After doing so, do you see the link underneath "In-person signing"? 

DeanGray01
Explorer | Level 3

Thank you Nate, all sorted now, one of the biggest issues was that dropbox did not like that the tablet was in Landscape mode, once in the potrait position everything seemed to work fine. Thanks again 👍

Need more support?