cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to know what we learned at IBC? Check out our learnings on media, remote working and more right here.

Integrations

Find solutions to issues with third-party integrations from the Dropbox Community. Share advice and help members with their integration questions.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Duplicate and automated Dropbox Passwords removal.

Duplicate and automated Dropbox Passwords removal.

John S.227
Helpful | Level 5

So I imported passwords from both 1Password and LastPass. but many of them were identical and now I have hundreds of duplicates.

Is there some way to get Dropbox to delete all duplicates.. doing this manually will take many many hours.

Any help would be appreciated.

6 Replies 6

Megan
Dropbox Staff

Hi @John S.227, happy Tuesday! 

You'd need to manually edit, and remove any entries you might not need, I'm afraid. There's no automated way to do that for you.

I hope this clarifies! 

Megan
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

John S.227
Helpful | Level 5

yeah.. I sorta figured that was the current situation but it would be very useful to people perhaps wanting to transition over if there was a way to bring in passwords from multiple other accounts and have Dropbox sort out the duplicates.  This would make transitioning much more attractive to potential switchers.  Just saying...

Megan
Dropbox Staff

Hi @John S.227, your comments on Dropbox Passwords have been very helpful, and I will do everything I can to ensure that your voice is heard.

I'll forward your feedback to the appropriate areas so we can continue to improve.

Megan
dropbox.com/support

gbriel1234567890
New member | Level 2

Please make this a thing. Somehow I got 6 or 7 copies of each password I imported from Firefox and I dread having to open Passwords. That should total over 1000 entries. Obviously, I would rather use a different password manager than keep using Passwords and deleting each duplicated entry manually. Keep in mind deleting one entry by itself is already a slow process that requires at least two clicks.

Even something as simple as selecting multiple credentials from a checkbox to then delete everything at once would help so much.

Paul Low
New member | Level 2

Yeah me too

Upgrading from 7 to 8 on new PC and synching with old 7 used on old PC and iPad/iPhone

Please add this step to you sparse migration instructions, which somehow give a linear path through the process, with no 'if this happens do this' type info. Poor. 

Install 7 on new PC

Install 8 on new PC

import 7 to 8 with prompt, this is told in the instructions but not given if 7 is not already installed. Thanks.

Install 8 on iPad

This import prompt gives you 100's of duplicates, with no menu item from dropbox nor support, to quickly swoop through the entries and remove duplicates.  Do not do this like I did.  Hours of work ahead. Grrrrrrr.

Nancy
Dropbox Staff

Hi everyone! I hope you’re all doing well. 

In this case, you may want to create an idea about this. If it gets voted by many users, then our team could perhaps look into this further and implement this function in the future.

Nancy
dropbox.com/support

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Nancy Dropbox Staff
    Paul Low New member | Level 2
    gbriel1234567890 New member | Level 2
    Megan Dropbox Staff
    John S.227 Helpful | Level 5
What do Dropbox user levels mean?