cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to know what we learned at IBC? Check out our learnings on media, remote working and more right here.

Integrations

Find solutions to issues with third-party integrations from the Dropbox Community. Share advice and help members with their integration questions.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dropbox Passwords app does not send notifications to allow new device

Dropbox Passwords app does not send notifications to allow new device

itsjustme1
Helpful | Level 6

Trying to log into my Dropbox passwords app….will not send notification to any device or computer to allow log in. Something glitched in their system the other day. Logged me out of all my account. I now cannot log back in. I can log into Dropbox, but not Dropbox passwords. Notifications to allow access to Dropbox passwords is not working. No way to log back into my passwords account. Won’t allow me to log into Dropbox passwords via desktop either….so frustrating!!

42 Replies 42

Nancy
Dropbox Staff

Hey @pemagaley! Did you save the recovery words Dropbox Passwords provided the first time you set up the account? If yes, can you use them to sign in and let me know if that works?

Nancy
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

jplatts
New member | Level 2

I have the same problem. I updated my version of Safari on Mac OS and Safari Passwords needed to be reverified. I got a security code which was accepted. But then had to check Safari Mac OS for a notification. Nothing received and I've tried resending. I'm still looking for the recovery codes - not sure I have them. And Dropbox Passwords is only installed on this Mac. I have the backup codes for Dropbox - are these the same?

Nancy
Dropbox Staff

Hey @jplatts! When saying you have the backup codes for Dropbox, do you mean the recovery codes for 2FA? In this case, they’re not the same, I’m afraid.

Have you tried removing the Dropbox Passwords browser extension and installing it again? Are you still having trouble accessing your Passwords account after that?

Nancy
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Nancy Dropbox Staff
    jplatts New member | Level 2
    pemagaley New member | Level 2
    Jay Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?