cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to know more about how you can find anything and protect everything? Check it out here.

Integrations

Find solutions to issues with third-party integrations from the Dropbox Community. Share advice and help members with their integration questions.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Dropbox Passwords app Huge issue

Dropbox Passwords app does not send notifications to allow new device

itsjustme1
Helpful | Level 6

Trying to log into my Dropbox passwords app….will not send notification to any device or computer to allow log in. Something glitched in their system the other day. Logged me out of all my account. I now cannot log back in. I can log into Dropbox, but not Dropbox passwords. Notifications to allow access to Dropbox passwords is not working. No way to log back into my passwords account. Won’t allow me to log into Dropbox passwords via desktop either….so frustrating!!

63 Replies 63

Jay
Dropbox Staff

It sounds like you're not referring to the 12 recovery words, which is for the Dropbox Passwords feature, but the recovery code, which is for the two-step verification feature.

You can only get the recovery words from within the Dropbox Passwords app or extension. Since you mentioned you're able to access them now, it is more likely you're looking at the recovery code, which cannot be used for Dropbox Passwords.

Are you certain that you don't have a backup of the recovery words? There would be 12 words, such as football bear keyboard window glass, etc. 

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Andrew B.58
New member | Level 2

yep 100% positive now I do not have the 12 words,  I searched my network drive at work, I ran a massive search over 9tb of storage,  checked my screenshots folder,  even looked in my NDA folders just incase I stuffed it into that,  nope, so guessing I'm boned?  meaning I'll have to get IS to reset everything and get me a new encryption key for my work laptop...  great. 

unless you have something else we can try?

Jay
Dropbox Staff

Unfortunately, as we have no access to your passwords on our end, without the 12 recovery words, it wouldn't be possible for you to restore your Dropbox Passwords account. 

I'm sorry I can't be more helpful on this matter.

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Andrew B.58
New member | Level 2

okay jay, thank you.  I'm getting written up!  yay for me! lol.  I have learned a lesson... I backed everything else up, all my codes,  this one I forgot to do. 

Need more support?