cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to know what we learned at IBC? Check out our learnings on media, remote working and more right here.

Integrations

Find solutions to issues with third-party integrations from the Dropbox Community. Share advice and help members with their integration questions.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

You've reached the device limit for 'IM' Dropbox

Dropbox Backup can't find external hard drives - Mac Ventura 13.0.1

danielstarrason
Explorer | Level 4

Hi everyone, I've seen people have a similar issue but haven't found a workaround. 

I'm planning to backup a couple of hard drives using the Dropbox backup option. But when I use the desktop app (or try do this via browser) Dropbox doesn't show me the option to choose these drives (although they are connected and and show in Finder).

Any advice for me?

Here is the situation:

Screenshot 2022-11-26 at 12.41.07.pngScreenshot 2022-11-26 at 12.41.21.png

12 Replies 12

danielstarrason
Explorer | Level 4

Hi everyone, I'm still struggling with Dropbox Backup. With some success I've backed up some of my hard drives but as I was adding more I had this stopping me. 

Screenshot 2022-12-14 at 17.58.34.png

I'm using DropBox for Business as a 4 member team, only devices I connect to my DropBox are my computer and my phone.

Any advice for me?

Best wishes, Daníel

danielstarrason
Explorer | Level 4

Hi Megan and thans, yes some are and some work great while some don't.

Is this an error on the FAQ site?

Screenshot 2022-12-14 at 18.04.23.png

Rich
Super User II

@danielstarrason wrote:

With some success I've backed up some of my hard drives but as I was adding more I had this stopping me. ... I'm using DropBox for Business as a 4 member team ...

How many drives have you backed up so far? The number of external drive backups you can create on a Team account is equivalent to the number of licenses you have. If you have four licenses, you can create four external drive backups.

Need more support?