cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to know what we learned at IBC? Check out our learnings on media, remote working and more right here.

Integrations

Find solutions to issues with third-party integrations from the Dropbox Community. Share advice and help members with their integration questions.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing the absolute path for external apps

Changing the absolute path for external apps

taeb
Explorer | Level 4

I am using the duplicator app on my wordpress website. She has a function to save backups on dropbox. Sadly I cant choose the absolute path as I want the backup in the family folder to have access from any account / device on it.

This would be great if this would be possible.

Thanks

Related to this:

App folder

A dedicated folder named after your app is created within the Apps folder of a user's Dropbox. Your app gets read and write access to this folder only and users can provide content to your app by moving files into this folder.

3 Replies 3

Mark
Super User II

This is something the developer of the app would need to do as it isn't Dropbox that made the app 🙂

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

taeb
Explorer | Level 4

Thanks for your comment. I listened the opposite from the other side 😞 

Mark
Super User II

Unfortunately it is them who need to do it because they build the app using the API for developers. How they use and build it is up to them.

If they struggle with things they can contact support direct who can assist 🙂

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Mark Super User II
    taeb Explorer | Level 4
What do Dropbox user levels mean?