cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
If you’ve changed your email address, now's the perfect time to update it on your Dropbox account and we’re here to help! Learn more here.

Integrations

Find solutions to issues with third-party integrations from the Dropbox Community. Share advice and help members with their integration questions.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can Google docs be edited in Dropbox?

Can Google docs be edited in Dropbox?

Avi K.1
Explorer | Level 3

Forgive me if this is a silly question:

Many of my clients send me a google doc to edit/view dynamically, alongside them.

Is there any way to have Google docs functionalit (have multiple people be able to edit and see changes in real time), but have that doc located/stored in a Dropbox folder on my desktop?

I want to stop having to open my google drive folder and just have all my MS and Google docs loacted in my DB folder, but also keep the functionality of google docs.

2 Replies 2

Hannah
Dropbox Staff

Hey @Avi K.1, thanks for posting your question and happy Monday!

Creating, editing and sharing Google Docs with Dropbox is possible in general, but not directly within Dropbox.

The files will be automatically saved in your Google Drive account, and a shortcut (.web file) will be automatically saved in your Dropbox account.

You can read more about how the integration works here.

Let me know if you have any more questions.

Hannah
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Avi K.1
Explorer | Level 3

Thanks for the speedy reply Hannah.

So basically I still need to run both a Google Drive account and a Dropbox account.

Im not sure what the benefit is of saving to dropbox if I have to constantly go back to Google Drive and store the doc there in the first place?

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Avi K.1 Explorer | Level 3
    Hannah Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?