cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Musicians, convert your MuseScore files to PDF to play music on the go! Learn more here.

Dropbox tips & tricks

Learn how to get the most out of Dropbox with other users like you.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: You can back your WordPress website or blog with Dropbox

You can back your WordPress website or blog with Dropbox

Shogun1989
Helpful | Level 6

I'm a blogger, and I just recently started posting a lot of content on my blog. I've had bad experiences with WordPress relating to loss of data. Most times there used to be an error with WordPress updates, bad plugins, etc. So I installed a plugin on my WordPress dashboard that was supposed to help me backup my WordPress site. I was surprised to see an option that helped me back up my site to Dropbox automatically, even if I lost my data on WordPress, I could easily retrieve it from Dropbox ðŸ˜Š

5 Replies 5

Rich
Super User II

@Shogun1989 wrote:

I was surprised to see an option that helped me back up my site to Dropbox automatically ...

Yes, that can come in handy. Just remember that it's a third-party plugin, not developed or supported by Dropbox. As Dropbox makes changes to their API the plugin may need updates as well, so be sure to check with the plugin's developer once in a while to stay up to date.

Graham
Community Manager

Hi @Shogun1989,

Thanks for sharing this with us here on the Dropbox community. It sounds like this is a really helpful plugin! I've had a similar experience with losing data on WordPress in the past, it's really frustrating! At the time, I didn't know this plugin existed, but by the sounds of it, it would have saved me sa lot of hassle. Is it set up to automatically backup your data or do you need to do it manually each time?

Also, just out of curiosity, and because I'm a little nosey, what's the topic of your blog?

Thanks again, and have a great day!

Graham

Shogun1989
Helpful | Level 6

We have transitioned our Brand to Floshift, from PilotHQ which was the original Brand name. When it was PilotHQ, we intended to use WordPress to build our website and also host our blog content, but now we have hosted our entire full-stack solution on AWS. For our current project, we are still transitioning - it will be up in no time.

Graham
Community Manager

Hi @Shogun1989,

Thanks for sharing, it sounds like a really exciting time for you as you transition your brand! Hopefully, everything goes smoothly and the transition, as well as the future of your brand, is successful. 

Aside from using the plugin you mentioned previously to backup your data, do you use Dropbox in any other ways with the dat-today running of the operation? It's always great to hear how our members get the most out of Dropbox.

Thanks again,

Graham

Shogun1989
Helpful | Level 6

While we were out discovering other products in AWS, we caught up with Amazon Kendra - a powerful search tool powered by AI. Now we are fully integrating Kendra with Dropbox in order to help our customer discover files and documents on our support page. We created a support folder on Dropbox and connected it to Amazon Kendra, and then we uploaded all the important documents that our customers can access from time to time. We are also looking to run our ticketing search tool using Amazon Kendra and Dropbox integration.

Need more support?