cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Are you interested in hearing how one of our Community members uses Dropbox for sailing trips? Read all about it here.

Dropbox tips & tricks

Learn how to get the most out of Dropbox with other users like you.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sharing a video with a group

Sharing a video with a group

NPick672
Explorer | Level 3

I want to share a video with a group of about 20 people (a community chorus).   Do I need to enter each one with a separate link or can I send one, copy the link, and just send the same link to all 20?

NPick672

3 Replies 3

Rich
Super User II

@NPick672 wrote:

I want to share a video with a group of about 20 people (a community chorus).   Do I need to enter each one with a separate link or can I send one, copy the link, and just send the same link to all 20?

If you're referring to a shared link, you can send the same link to all 20 people.

Здравко
Legendary | Level 20

Hi @NPick672,

While you're sharing something (including video) using link, it a only link, so it enough. 😉 You can share the same link to everybody.

If you want to share a file explicitly (targeting all recipients), you have to point every one.

Hope this helps.

Graham
Community Manager

Hi @NPick672,

I hope you're having an awesome day so far! It looks like you’ve got some great advice here already but I just thought I’d run through some options for you because there are a couple of different things you can do to share your video.

Your first option is to create a link and share it with everyone. This is super-easy and it allows everyone you send it to to open your folder or file as a preview on Dropbox.com, whether they have a Dropbox account or not. One thing to remember when sharing links is that anyone you send it to can send it on to other people and as long as they have the link they’ll be able to see your content.

The second option for you is to share the folder or file. This can only be done with Dropbox users who are logged into their Dropbox account. It’s pretty easy to do but you will need to send individual invites to everyone.

Depending on whether your video is a work in progress that’s going to need more edits and multiple drafts, there is a third option you could think about. Dropbox Replay is an awesome tool that allows you to share videos via a link, without having to export compressed versions and cluttering up your hard drive.

Do any of these options sound like they would work for you?

Please let me know if there’s anything else I can help you with and have a great weekend!
Graham

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Graham Community Manager
    Здравко Legendary | Level 20
    Rich Super User II
What do Dropbox user levels mean?