cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Musicians, convert your MuseScore files to PDF to play music on the go! Learn more here.

Apps and Installations

Have a question about a Dropbox app or installation? Reach out to the Dropbox Community and get solutions, help, and advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot establish a secure connection after dropbox update to 111.4.472

Cannot establish a secure connection after dropbox update to 111.4.472

gabriel_nemeth
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

After the dropbox app (Window 10) updates itself to the latest 111.4.472 version, I'm getting this 'Cannot establish a secure connection'.

I've checked my time on my laptop, router. It's fine. I've disabled firewalls and the whole Eset Security. I've checked my ports. Everything is fine. I've turned off the proxy setting inside app. Scanned my system for viruses, nothing fount. The only solution is to revert back to the older version, but if I do so, the app will update itself so I'm at the beginning.

440 Replies 440

EricAnnegarn
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

I don't think so - but I uninstalled and installed so many times before this Ilost track.

I installed the windows Standard Installer - not sure what the other one is.

ANyway it all works now - going to bed!

bioman
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

Some answers already that works. But here's another solution. Go to ESET Antivirus. SETUP> ADVANCED SETUP. WEB AND EMAIL> SSL/TLS. Look for "List of SSL/TLS filtered applications", Click EDIT. Search for the application Dropbox.exe. Select the application Dropbox.exe and the click Edit. Under Scan Action, change from Auto to Ignore. Click OK, OK, OK. On Dropbox, PAUSE SYNCING. Give it a few seconds to really pause. RESUME SYNCING.

cheggars
New member | Level 2
Go to solution
Sorted Thanks

cheggars
New member | Level 2
Go to solution
Another Thread with same title.

BennyTees
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Great tip! I have ESET and this worked. I had to quit the app and relaunch it though. Just pausing and resuming didn't work. Thank you bioman!

APmobile
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

Anche io ho lo stesso problema. Ho provato a disinstallare e reinstallare Dropbox ma ora non mi fa nemmeno accedere a dropbox dal pannello dell'applicazione.

bioman
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

At least don't have to restart ESET or reboot the entire computer. I also have a ticket opened with ESET to find out what their suggestion solution would be. 

APmobile
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

Me too!!!

BennyTees
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

APmobile... prova quello che ha suggerito bioman, ha funzionato per me potrebbe funzionare per te. in bocca al lupo!

Alexandre Pais
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I use eset SS. I just see another reply and put the dropbox as "ignore" insted "Auto" and seems works fine right now. Thanks for your help.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Herman66 Explorer | Level 3
    Junaid2 Explorer | Level 3
    Poseidon_Simons Explorer | Level 4
    MaxN68 Explorer | Level 4
    brunol49 Explorer | Level 4
What do Dropbox user levels mean?