cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Are you interested in hearing how one of our Community members uses Dropbox for sailing trips? Read all about it here.

Dropbox desktop client builds

Download the latest Dropbox beta or stable build.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Beta Build 147.3.4765

Beta Build 147.3.4765

clientreleases
Dropbox Staff
Thanks for using Dropbox! The desktop client is regularly updated with many improvements and fixes.

Download

Windows Standard Installer Offline Installer
Mac OS X Standard Installer (Universal) Offline Installer (Intel)
Offline Installer (Apple Silicon)
Linux x86_64 Offline Installer x86 Offline Installer

Auto-updates: Everyone who chose "Include me on early releases" on the Settings page

This is an early release feature that is subject to these additional terms.

37 Replies 37

JWL Photo
Collaborator | Level 10

@Michael B.10 : Any old (downloaded) files will stay on your computer and you will need to remove them. Any new ones will need to be re-downloaded. It’s not a simple “move”, which is inefficient, at best. At least once you get it done the first time, it should keep it synced from there.

Michael B.10
Experienced | Level 13

@JWL Photo 

Thanks.

All my files are downloaded, nothing is cloud-only, so in my case it will be a matter of downloading a fresh copy of everything. 

JWL Photo
Collaborator | Level 10

Just to clarify, though … the resyncing will happen in ANY case (even if it works on its own).

So, no matter what, in your case, you will be downloading everything …

Michael B.10
Experienced | Level 13

@JWL Photo wrote:

Just to clarify, though … the resyncing will happen in ANY case (even if it works on its own).

Yes. Doing the first sync is in effect doing a fresh download. 

I wonder if you are implying that I could move the contents of ~/Dropbox to ~/Library/Cloudstorage ....and then Dropbox would of course re-sync everything but it would be faster than downloading a fresh set. 

I am going to do this tomorrow, but getting my ducks in a row.

Michael B.10
Experienced | Level 13

BTW I am favouring the fresh download approach rather than seeding the new location by moving my files. 

JWL Photo
Collaborator | Level 10

Sorry. No. There is no way that I know of to “move” anything. What will happen is that you will have to resync/DL everything to your cloud storage, then you can delete the files from your old site. Like I said … inefficient.

Michael B.10
Experienced | Level 13

@JWL Photo 

Decided I would do it this evening and it all worked as discussed.

I used version 148.2.1667. 

Currently all is being downloaded, which I had to initiate ....the default state was to be cloud only.

Thanks for the encouragement.

Now to see what DEVONthink and Moneydance make of it!

jekratz
Collaborator | Level 9

DEVONthink works fine. Least it did for me. at the end of the day its just another location on the disk.  Tho in my case I only indexed a folder in there, I didnt store the database itself there.  but again...its just another location.

Michael B.10
Experienced | Level 13

@jekratz Thanks, yes reading around there shouldn't be a problem with DEVONthink but I haven't been clear whether DEVONthink links with its indexed files automagically, or whether I will have to change anything, even reindex them in the new location. 

I am still waiting for my download to complete, and don't want to investigate anything until Dropbox has finished.

BTW You mentioned putting DEVONthink database itself on Dropbox. This is an absolute no-no. You have to use a syncstore..... which is what you must be doing if you are syncing without having the database itself on Dropbox. 

Michael B.10
Experienced | Level 13

I have now sorted DEVONthink and Moneydance successfully.

Moneydance was a matter of changing the sync method to select the new location for the syncstore. (The app will need changing because you cant just select the "Dropbox Folder" method anymore.

DEVONthink I actually created new Databases and pointed them at the new location. I could probably could have reindexed the old databases, but felt easier and cleaner to create new.

I also had to change the location of my family tree app (Reunion), but that was straightforward.

Moneydance and Reunion on the iPad and iPhone syncing weren't affected as they use a different method. Not sure about DEVONthink To Go on the iDevices yet but don't anticipate a problem.

Need more support?