cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to know what we learned at IBC? Check out our learnings on media, remote working and more right here.

Dropbox desktop client builds

Download the latest Dropbox beta or stable build.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Beta Build 147.3.4765

Beta Build 147.3.4765

clientreleases
Dropbox Staff
Thanks for using Dropbox! The desktop client is regularly updated with many improvements and fixes.

Download

Windows Standard Installer Offline Installer
Mac OS X Standard Installer (Universal) Offline Installer (Intel)
Offline Installer (Apple Silicon)
Linux x86_64 Offline Installer x86 Offline Installer

Auto-updates: Everyone who chose "Include me on early releases" on the Settings page

This is an early release feature that is subject to these additional terms.

37 Replies 37

Michael B.10
Experienced | Level 13

148.2.1667 has not moved my Dropbox to ~/Library/CloudStorage/

jekratz
Collaborator | Level 9

That would be two of us 😉 No idea why I'm on that release.

jekratz
Collaborator | Level 9

See if something happens on the next release. It took awhile for mine to switch over. 

Michael B.10
Experienced | Level 13

@jekratz wrote:

See if something happens on the next release. It took awhile for mine to switch over. 

Are you saying the switch over to ~/Library/CloudStorage/Dropbox happened between updates?

I assumed it would happen immediately as a result of an update.

Thanks

jekratz
Collaborator | Level 9

Sorry no i meant wait for an update. It took a couple of updates of the client before mine switched over. 

JWL Photo
Collaborator | Level 10

Have you tried uninstalling Dropbox and disconnecting it from your account, then reinstalling the beta/reconnecting? That will generally force the move.

jekratz
Collaborator | Level 9

That did actually not work for me. Tried it several times. Then just waited and eventually when one of the betas installed it then moved everything.

JWL Photo
Collaborator | Level 10

This has worked for me in the past:

1. Make sure everything is currently synced using your current stable build of the app.
  2. Backup anything on Dropbox that you can't afford to lose.
  3. Make sure you have "Early Releases" turned on in your online settings.
  4. Disconnect your current app/computer from your account by either:
    1. Signing out of the app on your computer OR
    2. Going to your account online and disconnecting your computer (device) from the account in the Security section of your settings (probably the better way to do it).
  5. Uninstall the Dropbox app from your computer (using an uninstaller like CleanMyMac is best).
  6. OPTIONAL: Trash the old Dropbox folder from Users/<YourUserID> (the new files will be in /Users/<YourUserID>/Library/CloudStorage, so the old files are just taking up space)
  7. Download the most recent beta "Universal Installer" from Desktop Client Builds
  8. Install the app and it should walk you through setting it up as a "clean" install and require you to sign back in. This will trigger a new synchronization of your (chosen) folders. You will have to download any that you want offline again, since they are being moved to CloudStorage (which is why I said you could remove your old folder that showed up under "Favorites.")
  9. Things should work at that point!

Michael B.10
Experienced | Level 13

Thanks both ....will sleep on that!

Michael B.10
Experienced | Level 13

@JWL Photo Thanks for the detail.

Can I clarify something please..... It sounds like after the reinstall, Dropbox downloaded a new set of your data from the Cloud direct into ~/Library/CloudStorage/Dropbox, leaving the original ~/Dropbox spare and unused. Hence your advice that you could delete ~/Dropbox as part of the preparation.

In other words it did not move the contents of ~/Dropbox to ~/Library/CloudStorage/Dropbox.

Obviously, depending on quantity, a fresh download could take some time compared to moving.

As you say, have a sound backup of all your data in case... ðŸ˜€ 

Need more support?