cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
If you’ve changed your email address, now's the perfect time to update it on your Dropbox account and we’re here to help! Learn more here.

Dropbox Sign API

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[Dropbox Sign API] Support for text tags in templates

[Dropbox Sign API] Support for text tags in templates

laurent_leconte
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

I'd like to use text tags in templates. The documenation seems to imply this is possible (e.g. https://developers.hellosign.com/docs/signature-request/walkthrough/ mentions text tags right after a section on templates) but `use_text_tags` is not supported as a parameter for the `/signature_request/send_with_template` endpoint. Is it possible to use text tags with a template?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

DB-Des
Dropbox Engineer
Go to solution

Hi there!

Text Tags cannot be used with templates, that is correct.

The Signature Request Walkthrough lists 3 different scenarios:

• Sending a signature request using files
  • Sending a signature request using templates
  • Sending a signature request using files and placing custom fields on the document via Form Fields per Document or Text Tags

The section referencing Text Tags is part of the 3rd scenario: Using Files and Form Fields

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

DB-Des
Dropbox Engineer
Go to solution

Hi there!

Text Tags cannot be used with templates, that is correct.

The Signature Request Walkthrough lists 3 different scenarios:

• Sending a signature request using files
  • Sending a signature request using templates
  • Sending a signature request using files and placing custom fields on the document via Form Fields per Document or Text Tags

The section referencing Text Tags is part of the 3rd scenario: Using Files and Form Fields

laurent_leconte
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

Thanks for the confirmation. Are there any plans to make text tags available for templates?

DB-Des
Dropbox Engineer
Go to solution

There are currently no plans to make text tags available for templates, but I'll pass this along as a feature request. I can't promise if or when that might be implemented though.

You can also monitor the API Changelog page to learn more about what new features have been released.

jlats
New member | Level 2

That is really sad to hear. I just did a quick assessment of the top 15 e-sig platforms on G2 and all except you and Signaturely can accommodate Text Tags in documents without the need for API.

iNeil
Dropbox Engineer

Hi @jlatsThanks for reaching out! Unfortunately, our text tag feature is only available with our Dropbox Sign API. That said, this has been raised as a feature request. Please bear in mind that I cannot guarantee if or when this feature will be implemented.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

iNeil Dropbox Engineer
    jlats New member | Level 2
    DB-Des Dropbox Engineer
    laurent_leconte Explorer | Level 3
What do Dropbox user levels mean?