cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to know more about how you can find anything and protect everything? Check it out here.

Dropbox Dash

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to find/install the app

Unable to find/install the app

yabo
Explorer | Level 4

I was unable to figure out how to get the latest windows app. I followed the steps in the tool to download it but it was only encouraging me to download the chrome extension, which I already have. Here is a loom of my issue. https://www.loom.com/share/dc775f3d5fbf4bacb7a0d1a24b8d7a4c?sid=17da5b11-a963-41e9-9d4c-d687c7c64fc9

I was able to find my original email inviting me to install the app and the link there still worked - but others may run into this.

15 Replies 15

jsml
Explorer | Level 4

I have two Macbooks. One has the Dropbox Dash desktop app installed. The other one, I can only get to the Chrome extension. There seems to be no download link available for the desktop app. I keep going through the connection/install pages over and over, but it stops after the Chrome extension is installed. How can I get Dropbox Dash installed on my other desktop? Unfortunately, I did not save a DMG and cannot go from there.

Megan
Dropbox Staff

Hi @jsml, happy Thursday! 

If you access this Help Center article & scroll to the bottom where it says "How to use the Dropbox Dash desktop app" or try this link, do you have the option to download the app? 

Let me know, and we'll take it from there!

Megan
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

jsml
Explorer | Level 4
Megan, thanks for replying. Unfortunately neither of those links are helpful. The first one doesn’t actually say how to get the desktop app. The second one, as I mentioned, only takes me to connecting apps and installing a chrome extension. It does not offer an app after that.

DBXjames
Dropbox Staff

Hi everyone! (@yabo @jsml @Megan @Jay)

Thanks for your patience while we looked into this. At this time, we're currently investigating an issue with the installer link redirecting improperly. 

In the meantime, feel free to use one of these direct installer links for Dropbox Dash below (depending on your computer's platform):

 (Mac): mac.x86_64
❖ (Windows): win.x86_64

Feel free to reach out to the support team using this link if any further troubleshooting assistance is needed. Thanks again!

James
Advanced Support | Dropbox Dash

jsml
Explorer | Level 4

Thank you! It's actually been an issue for quite some time, I only now got really motivated to post a question about it because I quite like the app! May I suggest that you make those download links publicly and easily available? 

Giantprodr
New member | Level 2
Go to solution
Cảm ơn bạn về sự đóng góp ý nghĩa này
Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Giantprodr New member | Level 2
    jsml Explorer | Level 4
    DBXjames Dropbox Staff
    Megan Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?