cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Dropbox Dash Beta

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is adding multiple accounts of the same type (Gmail/Dropbox/Calendar) in Dash possible?

Is adding multiple accounts of the same type (Gmail/Dropbox/Calendar) in Dash possible?

unxrlm
Helpful | Level 5

I can't find a way to add multiple Gmail or multiple Dropbox accounts in Dash. Once one account of a type is connected, the only option I see for this account family is disconnected.

Is this expected? If so, is an improvement planned?

One of the use cases helpful for me would be search across multiple accounts.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Barbara
Dropbox Engineer

Hello @unxrlm , 

While we don’t offer the ability of adding a second Dropbox or Google account at this time, our team is working towards adding this option in the future!  

In the meantime if you have any further questions or concerns, feel free to reach out and we'd be happy to assist you with them!

Regards,
Dropbox Dash Support

View solution in original post

11 Replies 11

Barbara
Dropbox Engineer

Hello @unxrlm , 

While we don’t offer the ability of adding a second Dropbox or Google account at this time, our team is working towards adding this option in the future!  

In the meantime if you have any further questions or concerns, feel free to reach out and we'd be happy to assist you with them!

Regards,
Dropbox Dash Support

unxrlm
Helpful | Level 5

Thanks for the update. I was attracted by the "Search all your tabs and apps" concept. But this dramatically limits the product's abilities. I will sit this one out and wait for improvements.

Thanks again.

anniepen
Helpful | Level 5

This is very important for me as well. The number of different Google accounts I have has gotten quite out of control and it's so difficult to find things across the different Google apps and my separate accounts. I love this solution idea, especially since I've really enjoyed Paper but have struggled with its limited file structure interface, but I really need to be able to add multiple Google accounts for this to really work.

ashleyswanson
Explorer | Level 3

I agree. Part of the reason I'm very drawn to Dash is because I have so many different Google Workspace accounts and Dropbox accounts that I need to have one unified portal for it all. Looking forward to being able to add multiple accounts. Until then Dash will be rather limited for me and hard to fully get on board with. 

Chucksings
New member | Level 2

Can one add a second Outlook Email account to Dash and if so, how is this done?

Thanks

BenDBX
Community Manager

Hi @Chucksings,

Dash doesn't currently support adding multiple accounts of the same type, but it is something that our Engineering team is looking into.

Regards,

Ben

drostbr
New member | Level 2

Why would Dash downgrade this feature--this was one of the most important points when it was Command E and worked fine until a few weeks ago.  Not being able to add two google accounts is nuts.  That's the whole purpose of the app and should be rectified immediately.

drostbr
New member | Level 2

Why did Dash get rid of this feature.  Makes 0 sense.

Mike94062
New member | Level 2

I agree with many of the comments below - without the ability to add all of my Gmail accounts to Dash, it is really not very useful to me; the whole point of why I would want to use it is to have one central place to search for ALL of my stuff. I really hope this feature (the ability to add multiple Google accounts to Dash) gets added ASAP, and then I'd be delighted to start using Dash. Thank you.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

munchkinsunite New member | Level 2
    drostbr New member | Level 2
    Mike94062 New member | Level 2
What do Dropbox user levels mean?