cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to know more about how you can find anything and protect everything? Check it out here.

Dropbox API Support & Feedback

Find help with the Dropbox API from other developers.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: webhook on file/folder restores missing?

webhook on file/folder restores missing?

brian q.
Helpful | Level 6

Don't think a webhook is triggered on restore of any object to a registered app.

Delete's work fine, creation of folders/file all register fine via a webhook.

But if you use the web app to restore a previously deleted object, no hooks triggered.

This makes it hard to resync to our apps on restored files without doing a non-event driven method of syncing (ie polling the entire world of our user base).

3 Replies 3

DBX_Robert
Dropbox Staff

Brian, are you able to provide more detailed steps to reproduce the issue.  I have tried to reproduce myself and am unable to.  Any time I restore a deleted file or folder via the web interface, a webhook is triggered and received by my test app.

brian q.
Helpful | Level 6

Sure.

1.  User Logs into their dropbox account via an internet browser (ie chrome, firefox, etc)

2.  User deletes a folder

3.  User recovers the folder via online methods

Items 1 and 2 do end up firing proper webhooks.   Item 3, does not fire any notifier, ie that we need to do whatever we need to do in cases of files being 'undeleted'

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff

We'll need to investigate this specifically. Please open an API ticket with the following information for a case where you've seen this so we can work on tracking this down:

- the app key

- the webhook URI

- the user ID

- the timestamp of the restoration

Thanks in advance! 

Need more support?