cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Musicians, convert your MuseScore files to PDF to play music on the go! Learn more here.

Dropbox API Support & Feedback

Find help with the Dropbox API from other developers.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

uploadasync is always overwriting

uploadasync is always overwriting

Conpak
New member | Level 1

Here is my code:

var updated = await dbx.Files.UploadAsync("/Apps/design-orders" + "/" + file.FileName, WriteMode.Add.Instance, true, body: mem);

I have tried different combinations of the mode and autorename parameters but it always overwrites the existing file. I would like it to rename if the file name already exists.

2 Replies 2

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff

This method and write mode seems to be working properly for me, so a few questions to help figure this out:

- What version of the SDK are you using?

- Are you getting any error or output?

- Can you print out the result you're getting in "updated" (e.g., updated.PathLower)?

- Are you uploading the same content? If you upload the same file content, it won't be considered a conflict, and so won't add a new file.

- Does your app have the app folder permission? If so, you shouldn't be specifying "/Apps/{app folder name}" yourself. You should just specify "/", which will implicitly be your app folder root.

Conpak
New member | Level 1

Gregory,

My files had the same name but they also had the same content. I tested files with the same name but different content and it worked. Thank you!

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Conpak New member | Level 1
    Greg-DB Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?