cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Musicians, convert your MuseScore files to PDF to play music on the go! Learn more here.

Dropbox API Support & Feedback

Find help with the Dropbox API from other developers.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: tsenterr (55) SSLWrite() returned error -9805

tsenterr (55) SSLWrite() returned error -9805

marksmithhfx
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Hi,

I received the following error from tsNet while sending a file to dropbox.

(55) is just an upload error. I can't find anything on -9805. I checked the obvious things like making sure I had enough space on DB. Does anyone know what this error code is referring to? Is there a list of error codes that dropbox might issue available? 

Thanks,

Mark

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

@marksmithhfx As Здравко noted, that's not an error message/code from Dropbox itself, so I also suggest referring to the documentation for your client/platform. For reference, they mentioned TLS 1.2 as the Dropbox API only supports TLS 1.2 (and not TLS 1.1, or lower, for example). The error does mention SSL, so make sure your client/platform supports TLS 1.2.

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Здравко
Legendary | Level 20
Go to solution

@marksmithhfx wrote:

(55) is just an upload error. I can't find anything on -9805. ... Is there a list of error codes that dropbox might issue available? 

Hi @marksmithhfx,

The error, you posted, shows some platform specific error. Dropbox doesn't respond with any similar error. You have to read your environment documentation for more info. As seems, according method name, the trouble is related to SSL tunneling work. Does your environment support TLSv1.2?

Good luck.

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

@marksmithhfx As Здравко noted, that's not an error message/code from Dropbox itself, so I also suggest referring to the documentation for your client/platform. For reference, they mentioned TLS 1.2 as the Dropbox API only supports TLS 1.2 (and not TLS 1.1, or lower, for example). The error does mention SSL, so make sure your client/platform supports TLS 1.2.

marksmithhfx
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution
Thanks all. I will investigate which version of TLS is being used. Thanks for your helpful advice.

Mark

marksmithhfx
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution
One final question on this. Does anyone know when DB made the switch to TLS 1.2? That would help narrow this down as I know when it started happening.

Thanks

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

@marksmithhfx We started rolling that out on or after April 13 of last year, so if this was more recently working for you, that may not be the cause.

marksmithhfx
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Thanks Greg. Indeed it was working fine up until about a month ago when a lot got changed in the dev environment all at once. I upgraded the dev tool from v9 to 10, I upgraded Xcode, the SDK and possibly other bits as well. It's going to be a challenge since I didn't record any dates for changes so just strictly going from relatively bad memory at the moment. As one other responder commented... "Good luck". I think I will need it ðŸ˜Š

Need more support?