cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Dropbox API Support & Feedback

Find help with the Dropbox API from other developers.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: trying to correctly configure our company NAS (Asustor) to "sync" with our Corporate D

trying to correctly configure our company NAS (Asustor) to "sync" with our Corporate Dropbox account

c_porter
Explorer | Level 4

what's the correct URL to use when setting up "sync" between your NAS (corporate) and Dropbox? (One-way sync-Dropbox to our NAS)

3 Replies 3

Rich
Super User II

@c_porter wrote:

what's the correct URL to use when setting up "sync" between your NAS (corporate) and Dropbox? (One-way sync-Dropbox to our NAS)

That's not a feature of Dropbox. Any sync feature between a NAS and Dropbox is handled by the NAS software. i.e. Dropbox doesn't make a NAS client and any Dropbox software included on a NAS is made by the NAS company. In most cases, they connect to Dropbox via the Dropbox API and will handle the connection process for you after you sign in to your account.

Your best option will be to refer to the documentation and support for your specific NAS device, as they all differ.

c_porter
Explorer | Level 4

Hey Rich, thank you for the reply. I'm aware of what you've stated here and understand however, when I setup this syncronization, you have to "authorize" Dropbox w/in the NAS app. When I click on "authorize," it brings up the corporate Dropbox account but only the main header/URL. This is where I think my problem lies. I need to "Point" the NAS to our actual Team Folders/Files in our corporate Dropbox. Which is why I don't think I have this setup correctly. Any ideas on that? Thank you.

Здравко
Legendary | Level 20

Hi @c_porter,

There is no way you have some mistake in such a situation. You description sounds like a bug in your NAS OEM software though. By default Dropbox API (the one most probably used in your software, as Rich mentioned) uses the account home folder (i.e. the particular team member own folder) only. When needed, the software should explicitly point that the team space has to be used (said in short). Something that's likely missing.

Again, contact you NAS provider for further help.

Need more support?