cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to know what we learned at IBC? Check out our learnings on media, remote working and more right here.

Dropbox API Support & Feedback

Find help with the Dropbox API from other developers.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

problems with access from app via token

problems with access from app via token

minis
New member | Level 2

in my android app project i need to send of files to be used later in dropbox and to automate this i registered it and used tokens.
I have a free account.
The app is still under development and testing so many changes and improvements are being made.
The problem that after I associate it and get the token that through specific api I go to use in my app everything works fine, after a few days (in which maybe I made changes to the app) the token is no longer recognized. I have to disconnect the app and reconnect it again with the new token. How can I solve the problem?

Translated with DeepL.com (free version)

2 Replies 2

Здравко
Legendary | Level 20

@minis wrote:

The problem that after I associate it and get the token that through specific api I go to use in my app everything works fine, after a few days (in which maybe I made changes to the app) the token is no longer recognized. ...

Hi @minis,

You haven't mentioned explicitly, but most probably with "token" you mean access token, not refresh token. Right?

All new issued access tokens (doesn't matter exactly way) are short lived. Typically 4 hours. To gain long term access you need refresh token, that doesn't expire on its own. Such type of token results from requesting "offline" access type. Did you do it? If not give it a try. 😉 Do you have restricted access in time still?

Hope this helps.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Greg-DB Dropbox Staff
    Здравко Legendary | Level 20
What do Dropbox user levels mean?