cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to know more about how you can find anything and protect everything? Check it out here.

Dropbox API Support & Feedback

Find help with the Dropbox API from other developers.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: new sharing links not working on web service old links work fine

new sharing links not working on web service old links work fine

JohnPT
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

i need to call a web service on a DB share link   here is the web service call.  

the first (old format ) works fine.

the second call using the new format does not work.  the links were made from the same folder within seconds of each other.

JohnPT_0-1689886599070.png

any work arounds?

thanks for any ideas.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Здравко
Legendary | Level 20
Go to solution

Hi @JohnPT,

You have a mistake! In spite not always resulted, passing non-tagged parameter obviously leads to errors of different kind. This hidden bug in your code appears on the second link (there is a predispose, but it's not the reason itself). Probably, you can figure out what's going on and how that activates your bug in such a case (as a 'homework'). 😁

The solution: As I mentioned, just url-encode applied to the passed URL (Dropbox link) before passing as parameter. 😉 That's it.

Hope this helps.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Здравко
Legendary | Level 20
Go to solution

Hi @JohnPT,

You have a mistake! In spite not always resulted, passing non-tagged parameter obviously leads to errors of different kind. This hidden bug in your code appears on the second link (there is a predispose, but it's not the reason itself). Probably, you can figure out what's going on and how that activates your bug in such a case (as a 'homework'). 😁

The solution: As I mentioned, just url-encode applied to the passed URL (Dropbox link) before passing as parameter. 😉 That's it.

Hope this helps.

JohnPT
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

ok thanks will try that.

JohnPT
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

Thanks that worked.  

Need more support?