cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Musicians, convert your MuseScore files to PDF to play music on the go! Learn more here.

Dropbox API Support & Feedback

Find help with the Dropbox API from other developers.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how do I setup Saver for use on my website.

how do I setup Saver for use on my website.

BartLors
New member | Level 2

Hi,

I am trying to add the dropbox Saver (https://www.dropbox.com/developers/saver) to my webpage, to enable people to upload pictures to my dropbox. 

I've got problems setting up the Oauth, redirect URI and what not. After creating the App and setting up as good as I can, nothing happens, after I include the script to my html page. I see no upload button. Is there an example of how to set up the app?

Thanks, Bart

3 Replies 3

Здравко
Legendary | Level 20

Hi @BartLors,

On the page, you linked to in your post, is a working Saver example. Just press/click the "Save to Dropbox" button and the example picture "dropblox.png" will ask you select where to put it in your account. 😉

@BartLors wrote:

... to my webpage, to enable people to upload pictures to my dropbox. 

Maybe you cannot yet understand what Saver is doing. It saves provided content through URL(s) in the client Dropbox account, not into yours! The task, you want to achieve, is unsupported by Dropbox' Saver. There is no prebuilt component for that.

To implement upload to Your Dropbox account coming from client machine, you can use something like upload to your server and forward next to your account (i.e. like proxying) or dynamically embed in your page temporary upload links to be used to upload desired files direct to Dropbox server (additional file management may be needed).

Hope this clarifies matter.

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff

@BartLors As Здравко noted, the Dropbox Saver is way for end-users to save files to their own accounts, not a way for end-users to upload files to your account. I'll pass this along as a feature request for a component like that, I can't promise if or when that might be implemented. (And for reference, using the Dropbox Saver does not involve using OAuth or redirect URIs.)

That being the case, like Здравко said, to upload to your own account programmatically, you'd need to implement this in your code, potentially using /2/files/upload or /2/files/get_temporary_upload_link, for example.

BartLors
New member | Level 2

Thanks.I found a solution at planeupload.com. They offer the upload button like I wanted. 

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

BartLors New member | Level 2
    Greg-DB Dropbox Staff
    Здравко Legendary | Level 20
What do Dropbox user levels mean?