cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Musicians, convert your MuseScore files to PDF to play music on the go! Learn more here.

Dropbox API Support & Feedback

Find help with the Dropbox API from other developers.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

download file of another user in my team

download file of another user in my team

saarbeli
Explorer | Level 3

Hi,

I'm tryring to use the endpoint "files/download" to download content of another user in my team. Even if I'm using the header "Dropbox-API-Select-Admin" and the namespace root of the user, I get in response 409 with the message "path/not_found..".

Any idea why? And there is another way to download file's content of another user?

Thanks

3 Replies 3

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff

Using /2/files/download is the correct way to download file content. I just tried this, and it is working properly for me. Can you double check that you have the correct path? This error should just indicate that there was nothing found at that path for that user. You can use /2/files/list_folder[/continue] to list items.

test9
Explorer | Level 3

It works when the file is in my account.

However, when I try to download file that is in someone else account, using admin permission (Dropbox-API-Select-Admin) with admin id, I get an error

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Is the path correct for their account? They may have a different folder structure. I recommend using list_folder to inspect the folder structure first. (E.g., if you use the "" path, an empty string, you can list the root folder.)
Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Greg-DB Dropbox Staff
    test9 Explorer | Level 3
What do Dropbox user levels mean?